Rotel RA-980BX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am having a problem with this amp. This amp does not have a balance pot but individual volume pots. The problem is the right channel is much softer than the left. If I set the left channel level at quarter, I have to set the right channel level at more than half to make it sound balanced. I checked the volume pot (50KA X 2) and it is OK. I removed the 2 links between "pre out" and "main in" and plug a signal into the 'left main in" and 'right main in' and the left sound louder than the right. I guess it means that it has nothing to do with the "pre out". I checked all the components on both the power amp boards, all seem to be OK except that resistor R669(10 ohms, 3 watts) has blown, but this resistor is on the left channel which is working OK. I am confused. Can this resistor be the problem. Please help.

Thanks

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.