List of the best sounding amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Or they were lucky ? :clown:

Most veteran musicians i know/met are deaf as a bat.
My +40 year in the pro biz cousin learned to hear himself again a couple of years ago, don't know the details. At an aunt's funeral meeting last monday he said he had one year to go till retirement, still seemed deaf as a bat to me.

the Bat has one of the best ears in the natural world thats usable range extends from 1kHz->150kHz, far more usable range than us and EXCELLENT echo location, in fact it is how they navigate at speed. now if you were to say 'blind as a Bat' then this would be more traditional.

just sayin :radar:

Last edited:
on all the "pricing" discussion, here's my view:
things are inherently worth nothing if you're not interested. If you are, you have a price, namely a number you want to give for it. What that is, is completely virtual and has nothing to do with reality. If you DIY, you buy components... for A LOT of money, since you can get it all A LOT cheaper if you buy 1.000.000 transistors... but you don't so for you it's worth $2.

That's so for EVERYTHING. a man with no legs wouldn't even give $1 for a pair of running shoes. Someone not interested in music AT ALL wouldn't give $5 for a portable radio, so for him, it's too expensive. For others, it's worth $10. If it sels for $8, then you'll sell some, because "more people" will say: hey, for that price, i want one. Double it, and the only difference is: less people will buy it

It's all a matter of balance, nothing more.

If i tell my gf (who is not interested in music at all) that i want to spend $2k on speakers, she says: it's not worth it... but for me it is... so for me, there are speakers that are worth $2k, even though it's just wood, paper and some copper and other materials abundant in nature. For me, if they sound like they are worth $2k , then i'll buy them, if i think, i can get better for the price, then i'll buy others.

So in the end, price is very subjective and does have NOTHING to do with real value, because value is subjective too. for me, $2k in money is worth less then speakers, so i'll trade that... because i think it's a good bargain.

Amps cost what they cost, you can say: i don't think it's worth it, then don't buy it. When others say: wow, i'd definately give that amount for it, then for them, it IS worth it. And noone can tell you that you paid too much... because for you, it's worth it, for others not PERIOD

Thats, what happened to TBP-zero with Crable, he soon feels that the amp not worth that much. And that is happened to others, so TBP could offer something like 50% or more cash back warranty agreement each transaction for getting a better market. Their amplifier problem is not hard to solve.

So, what is in your mind that soulution should do to gather their market better?

I do get listening fatigue sometimes and some nights just have no music on at all.
Thats your amp problem, you have found it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
I feel that he means with your own registered label (or at least he want to see your pricing tag). 15years and not starting yours?

Did you know more about TBP zero? is it hybrid?

Audio is more of a hobby than anything else, I dont make my living from it and I refrain from being too involved in what I consider a very difficult market dominated by audiophoolish poets.s. Investing works good for me as it enables me to gain access to measuring equipment, parts and I like to throw some ideas at design. Maybe a little before retirement I will give it a try fulltime but only if I have a healthy bank account.

The little info I have is what the members have brought forward here, interesting concepts. You can however view the outputstage patent via a japanese patent search, Stinius has provided the patent number and the site has translating service.

The most confusing part is no feedback but voltage stages dont use emitter resistors either (degeneration), this is impossible with SS, I wont comment on tubes as I dont have experience with them.

This is how the TBP-Zero is supposed to be designed. Is it just a waist of time?

Attachments

• TBP-Zero.jpg
    TBP-Zero.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
" ... he made it possible to eliminate emitter resistors by developing an original duplex
temperature compensation circuit (patented in Japan)."

I saw somewhere possible solution how to avoid the emitter resistors, it was based on using a power transistor, same as those in output stage, located just near output transistor. Such a transistor acts as a sensor and affects output stage idle current.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Or they were lucky ? :clown:

Most veteran musicians i know/met are deaf as a bat.
My +40 year in the pro biz cousin learned to hear himself again a couple of years ago, don't know the details. At an aunt's funeral meeting last monday he said he had one year to go till retirement, still seemed deaf as a bat to me.

Hmmmmmmmm - last time I checked bats had very good hearing - in fact their hearing is what they rely upon for navigation and is quite capable at detecting a flying bug a some great distance. They don't see so well tho. Big smooch jacco!!! :D:D:D

Forgot about bat! old man is just fair to do that mistake.

SEE THIS!!!

The claim of no emitter resistance is just fakes, it still work fine with RE. He uses long cables to make some fake RE, so RE is still there.
THIS patent is about non switching mechanism. Using BTL, and feedback is the key to reach low distortions.

Someone that interested in non switching will also interested in this.:D

Attachments

• TBP zero.PNG
    TBP zero.PNG
    24.7 KB · Views: 562
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.