from the net

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
audioDIYer said:
It will blow up!
Input pair resistors will blow up, fry, ...
Those guys have VCE of 120V... you are feeding them with 80+80 = 160V...
Use these:
MPSA42 http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MPSA42-D.PDF and MPSA92 http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MPSA92-D.PDF

Solving this, let's continue...

1st, change those fets from VAS. Use HV bjt's there.
2nd, put a 2k2 resistor in // with the bias pot, just to be sure you don't get any surprise!...
3rd, if you plan to use 4Ohm load, put more pairs at output. BTW, witch are the output devices?
4th, the overall gain is far high!... you must work a little on those FB resistors...
5th, output is unprotected! Output mosfets will blow before you can blink your eyes. Put protection diodes from output to rails and some inductance before speaker output.
6th, be carefull with pcb design.
7th... 600W...700W... no more than that...
8th, distorsion will be very high!...
9th, I'll stop here...

I think! no need a protection diode
there is a zener inside the fets!

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
IF its Anthony holtons design It will surely then work but read below, also have you guys thought of asking him permission to use it, its his IP.

Anyway I guess this is maybe more the design Anthony did for class D company, different to his modules and he has warned that there is a serious flaw, so as I guess you guys are gonna build it anyway I would suggest you iron the flaw out first. Did it ever occur to you guys that Class D is selling these modules for 50 euros or so, and you could buy it cheaper than actually build it. Also class D are changing to other modules and that cheap price is most probably to get rid of them. Work it out 4 pairs of Buz will cost you more than 50 euros.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.