Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Not Getting Accurate FRD and ZMA
Not Getting Accurate FRD and ZMA
Not Getting Accurate FRD and ZMA Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM   #1
KING DRANZER is offline KING DRANZER
diyAudio Member

Default Not Getting Accurate FRD and ZMA

I am using FPGraphTracer to get FRD and ZMA files from the pic of the graph and the resulting output is not accurate. I am having this problem with only specific driver "Fountek Neo X1.0" as it worked fine for other drivers.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM   #2
ernperkins is offline ernperkins  United States
diyAudio Member

Did you double check your axis settings? This graph starts at 1 KHz which isn't typical. Using your picture I was able to get the FRD without any problem, but I did have to color the impedance plot before FPGraphTracer could trace it. I attached the FRD and ZMA files (renamed as .txt so I could upload them).
A couple of notes:

- IMO the FRD really needs more information added below 1 KHz to be useful for simulations. My first approximation would be to add a -12 dB/octave "tail" starting at 1 KHz. Several free programs allow adding "tails", XSim is one.

- The graphs will look a lot different when displayed on a 20Hz - 20 KHz graph.

Hope this helps...
Attached Files
File Type: txt NeoX 1.0 FRD.txt (6.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt NeoX 1.0 ZMA.txt (27.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by ernperkins; Yesterday at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #3
KING DRANZER is offline KING DRANZER
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernperkins View Post
Did you double check your axis settings? This graph starts at 1 KHz which isn't typical. Using your picture I was able to get the FRD without any problem, but I did have to color the impedance plot before FPGraphTracer could trace it. I attached the FRD and ZMA files (renamed as .txt so I could upload them).
A couple of notes:

- IMO the FRD really needs more information added below 1 KHz to be useful for simulations. My first approximation would be to add a -12 dB/octave "tail" starting at 1 KHz. Several free programs allow adding "tails", XSim is one.

- The graphs will look a lot different when displayed on a 20Hz - 20 KHz graph.

Hope this helps...
Thank you very much. The problem was with db scale as it was not being read accurately. Even-though it was maxing out at 100db the resulting file was capping the top at 110db instead.

Not Getting Accurate FRD and ZMAHide this!Advertise here!