Trying to use transformer in mic preamp with TINA TI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the circuit of an amplifier where the speaker is used as a microphone:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And this is my TINA simulation:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

1) I'm not even sure I understood the circuit right. Especially, regarding split voltage source.
2) When I check the simulation in TinaTI is gives me these errors:

- Pin Prim1 of Ideal Transformer TR1 is floating (This node will be grounded)
- Pin Prim1 of Ideal Transformer TR1 is floating (This node will be grounded): Pin 2 of Loud-speaker SP1 is floating (This node will be grounded)
- Pin Prem2 of Ideal Transformer TR1 is floating
- Pin Prem2 of Ideal Transformer TR1 is floating: Pin 1 of Loud-speaker SP1 is floating
I do not understand these errors, can someone please explain what's wrong with it?

The .TSC file is here in case you want to use it.

Thank you!

1. What u mean u dont understand split voltage supply? U have a positive 9V and negative 9V supply...
2. I havent used TINA, but in LTspice u cannot float any comppnents. So the primary, or N1, must be connected to GND even if via a very high resistance. There is leakeage in the real world anyways, so 10meg-1giga ohm should do.
It also seems to have issues with the loudspeaker... I assume specs for that part is defined somewhere...?
But should u use a loudspeaker at input for sim? Shouldnt that be a voltage source?
Then again the gain is set with the source impedance and value of P1, so some resistance must be in series with the source.
Perhaps that helps.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.