Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

VituixCAD
VituixCAD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th May 2017, 05:12 PM   #1
diypass is offline diypass
diyAudio Member

Default VituixCAD

Thank you to Kimmo Saunisto for this wonderfull software, very very gratefull.
it is very complete and powerfull, but you need to know well loudspeaker design.
Software

thank you again.
Old 20th May 2017, 07:38 PM   #2
Windforce85 is offline Windforce85  Poland
diyAudio Member

Yeah it is especially powerful software in aspect of DSP crossover designs due to latest upgrades - Kimmo did great effort with this. You can simulate every digital filter and drivers arrangments you can imagine and drivers database is also impressive. Highly recommended!
Old 4th June 2017, 12:03 PM   #3
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Thanks guys! Hopefully I can keep this software alive and add some new features in the future, though new ideas and motivation are slowly decreasing. Maybe because it's already so perfect
-Kimmo
Old 4th June 2017, 12:08 PM   #4
Mayuri is offline Mayuri  Finland
diyAudio Member

My thanks as well, the software is truly excellent. If I may suggest a feature, ability to add the simulated enclosure and baffle step effects to the overall frequency response graph would be very nice.
Old 4th June 2017, 12:27 PM   #5
diypass is offline diypass
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
Thanks guys! Hopefully I can keep this software alive and add some new features in the future, though new ideas and motivation are slowly decreasing. Maybe because it's already so perfect
-Kimmo
oh noooooo, ideas and motivation don't must be slowly and decreasing
your ideas and your software are huyge for me!
and yes, propably this maybe because the software is perfect, but perfectible!!!
so, go on guy in the road to perfection!
your software is realy full and has more option than other.
maybe an easier filter component placing with a pspice infinite elements matrix should be fine.
Old 4th June 2017, 12:44 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayuri View Post
If I may suggest a feature, ability to add the simulated enclosure and baffle step effects to the overall frequency response graph would be very nice.
Simulate box & driver with Enclosure tool, export Total SPL, start Diffraction tool, design box and locate driver, select previously exported Total SPL to Half space response text box, check Full space, export and feed polar responses to main program with Directivity and Feed speaker checked. Abracadabra!

It's not direct but doable.
Old 4th June 2017, 12:51 PM   #7
Zvu is offline Zvu  Serbia
diyAudio Member

I just wanted to say thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 01:14 PM   #8
Mayuri is offline Mayuri  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmosto View Post
Simulate box & driver with Enclosure tool, export Total SPL, start Diffraction tool, design box and locate driver, select previously exported Total SPL to Half space response text box, check Full space, export and feed polar responses to main program with Directivity and Feed speaker checked. Abracadabra!

It's not direct but doable.
Got it, thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 03:04 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diypass View Post
maybe an easier filter component placing with a pspice infinite elements matrix should be fine.
Ladder with drag&drop, predefined blocks, fixed positions and automatic wiring is very fast to create and modify, but has some obvious restrictions. Personally I don't need more complex blocks and freedom to create transfer functions needed for a good speaker. More than four drivers would be useful to make line arrays without indirect tricks. Programming challenge would be the strongest (maybe only) motivation for changing schematic to infinite matrix as long as program is freeware.

Free form schema has no topology restrictions, but changes are usually painfully slow and difficult to make. Fortunately other programs are available if lack of free form schema is an issue.
Old 4th June 2017, 03:21 PM   #10
mpmarino is offline mpmarino  United States
diyAudio Member

+1 thank you

I'm about t start a 'proper' crossover design for the fist time, and vituixcad looks to be insanely powerful and useful... Not that know how to really use it yet!

VituixCADHide this!Advertise here!