Harristech Bassbox 6 pro and X-Over3 pro with Windows 10?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had bought this software (that i like a lot), for a long time, on Win XP but
now, i was (forced) to install Windows 10 and i can't even install it! :( .
Do you guys run in the same trouble or is it my computer that need's help with a precise hammer adjustment? :D ...

What is the error message? Which version number are you using? Did you try running the compatibility checker on it?

I had bought this software (that i like a lot), for a long time, on Win XP but
now, i was (forced) to install Windows 10 and i can't even install it! :( .
Do you guys run in the same trouble or is it my computer that need's help with a precise hammer adjustment? :D ...

Well that pretty much eliminates a read error. I would be inclined to copy the contents of the CD to a folder on the HDD. If it does a proper copy (right amount of file, size on disk etc.) then you can rule that out completely.

Once you are sure it isn't a read error I would start going through compatibility settings.

I suspect because they has been no development on it for a very long time it will probably need some kind of forced compatibility or previous Windows emulation.

I actually use it myself, but I'm still running Win7.

Last edited:
I had a lot of isssues with xover pro 3 in windows 7 but found a workaround.

Using virtualbox,

With ubuntu in a vm i use wine which installs and runs xover pro perfectly

I know it sounds like a lot. i alteady had vb and ubuntu for development work, so installing wine was 1 command

$ apt-get install wine

Go make dinner. Check on license agreement screen. eat.

Attach xover pro cd to virtual machine, rightclick on setup.exe and select wine install.

Best,

Erik

Hi,

It seems there's a few people on this thread that know what they're on about. I'm attempting to create a band pass subwoofer box for car audio, and I think I've got these figures looking ok.

If someone has time, could they take a quick look and hopefully advise me of what I need to change.

Thanks in advance for your help.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.