• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a silly question, with the opamp output, is there any residual voltage offset on the balanced output (my UCD amplifier has no more input cap) ?

OPAM DIRECT OUTPUT NOT go through a capacitor, you can connect directly to the amplifier, WITHOUT PRE, and use the volum of dac

please see the circuit:

http://www.audiodesignguide.com/DAC32/OpAmp_ver4a.gif

and some i was measure of output IV opam whit balance input, see this link, and post 65

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...431764-dac-end-r-es9018-frequency-0-10khz.jpg
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...431814-dac-end-r-es9018-frequency-0-80khz.jpg
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...1879-dac-end-r-es9018-harmonic-distortion.jpg
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/220006-dac-end-r-es9018-7.html

Last edited:
Hi quanghao, which is the total cost of a completed dac (DAC base+ I/V op + OP +chassis + transformer + Amanero USB-I2S module ) ?

Since you're selling electronic material do you have any cutomer feedback about custom
that could be applied (since I'm from Italy may be Andrea have some info about that)

wow.. nice... I am in... at no. 25....

you can take a look at this picture to make chassis for easier, cut the hole behind the DAC.

Attachments

• hole-behind.jpg
    hole-behind.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 787
  • viewed-from-above-2.jpg
    viewed-from-above-2.jpg
    842.2 KB · Views: 544
  • view-from-behind.jpg
    view-from-behind.jpg
    649.9 KB · Views: 500
Hi quanghao, which is the total cost of a completed dac (DAC base+ I/V op + OP +chassis + transformer + Amanero USB-I2S module ) ?

Since you're selling electronic material do you have any cutomer feedback about custom
that could be applied (since I'm from Italy may be Andrea have some info about that)

Thank you for your trust, I am planning for a complete DAC.
estimated selling price less than $ 1,200 (only for members on diyaudio), 1 year product warranty.

I presume the dac board (450) + IV board (60) + opamps and connectors / cables (?) comes to about 700 max. 500 for chassis and transformer does seem excessive ?

Anyway, is there anyone else thinking of getting a chassis from modu ? If so, perhaps we can buy a few units together and bring the cost down? I am considering one of the following:

1. 2U slimline with 10mm front panel (450 x 280 x 80) (1NSL02280B) (Euro 54)
2. 2U Pesante with 10mm front panel (450 x 300 x 80) (1NPS02PB) (Euro 45)
3. Galaxy with 10mm front panel (330 x 280 x 40) (1NGXA348) (Euro 46.50) but likely not high enough

Customising the front and back panels for cut outs costs extra (roughly 75 - 90 euro for both), so, roughly about Euro 150 exc tax. I think feet might be extra as well as any engraving. Perhaps about 180 to 200 Euro in total? Seems quite reasonable... Not had a detailed look yet. I think they have a service to design a case based on drawings and photos.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
1. 1 x audiodesign ( DAC base )
2. 1 x quanghao ( DAC base + DAC chassis + transfomer)
3. 1 x fansipan ( DAC base + DAC chassis + transfomer)
4. 1 x yildiray ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
5. 1 x danny_66 ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
6. 1 x MihajloTM ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
7. 1 x i2k92 ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
8. 1 x axeexa ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP + tranfomer)
9. 1 x sipo75 ( DAC base + I/V opamp)
10. 1x Jinkslynx ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP + tranfomer + chassis)
11. DAHL75 ( DAC base )
12. 1 x smoothquark ( DAC base + I/V opamp + OP +/-transformer +/-chassis)
13. 1 x CeeVee ( DAC base + transfomer)
14.1x Smthgbrrd (DAC base + I/V opamp + OP + transformer )
15. 1 x larslang (DAC base + DAC chassis + transformer)
16. 1 x linuxfan ( DAC base + DAC chassis + transfomer)
17. 1 x randytsuch (DAC base)
18. 1 x claudio52 (DAC base + DAC chassis + trasformer).
19, 20. 2 x danielkol (DAC base)
21. NicMac (DAC base + DAC chassis + trasformer)
22. 1 x gjorgji (DAC base + I/V opamp + transformer + chassis)
23. myfavoritething (DAC base+ I/V op + OP +chassis + transformer)
24. MattMax (DAC base+ I/V op + OP +chassis + transformer)
25. bertchai (DAC base + I/V op + chassis)
26. kimgiin (DAC Base)
27. misterrogers (DAC Base)
28. malarkey (DAC Base)

Can I just check on the transformers required please? The first post suggests 2 x 6-0V 2A + 4 x 18V 1A or 2 x 9V 2A + 2 x 18V 1A. I was thinking of getting these:

2x 50VA,2x18V (MCFE050/18 - MULTICOMP - TRANSFORMER, 50VA, 2 X 18V | Farnell United Kingdom) and
1x 50VA,2x9V (MCTA050/09 - MULTICOMP - TRANSFORMER, 50VA, 2 X 9V | Farnell United Kingdom)

That makes it a total of 3 transformers. Is this OK or can I do with less? My understanding is that the ES9018 requires quite a lot of current? I was thinking of wiring it up it perhaps one of these:

L C Audio Technology / DC Filter

Thanks.

Can I just check on the transformers required please? The first post suggests 2 x 6-0V 2A + 4 x 18V 1A or 2 x 9V 2A + 2 x 18V 1A. I was thinking of getting these:

2x 50VA,2x18V (MCFE050/18 - MULTICOMP - TRANSFORMER, 50VA, 2 X 18V | Farnell United Kingdom) and
1x 50VA,2x9V (MCTA050/09 - MULTICOMP - TRANSFORMER, 50VA, 2 X 9V | Farnell United Kingdom)

That makes it a total of 3 transformers. Is this OK or can I do with less? My understanding is that the ES9018 requires quite a lot of current? I was thinking of wiring it up it perhaps one of these:

L C Audio Technology / DC Filter

Thanks.

In a related question, can you provide more specific transformers requirements?

I am guessing the requirements provided are based on what is available, and not the actual power/voltage requirements of the transformers.

It would be nice if this information had the output stage separated, I haven't decided if I am buying the opamp output stage, but if I am not then my transformer requirements are different.

If you can provide the voltages required, and how much power for each voltage, then questions like this are easy to answer.

Thanks

Another note: I guess you are choosing not to answer my previous post :(

As quantities continue to increase, if prices don't change, this feels more like a commercial effort and not really a group buy.

Randy

to be fair, it does seem to include MCU, LCD display and controls, remote, Amanero USB. warranty is not to be sneezed at either. I do agree that it would seem unlike a GB if numbers continue to go up past the initial number at which it was said to be viable. and price stays the same.

randy, think about it, the 18v transformers are not going to be for supplying the 3.3v and 1.2v dac supplies, when there are 2 x 6v or 9v transformers.. are they?

Last edited:
Hi Quanghao
I have a ZApfilter2 ( LC Audio Technology) and would like to connect it to the DAC. The chip 9018 has an in-built filter so that, obviously, does not need an external digital filter for it. Can I use the digital filter outside of the ZAPfilter2 with the ESS chip?
Thank you

to be fair, it does seem to include MCU, LCD display and controls, remote, Amanero USB. warranty is not to be sneezed at either. I do agree that it would seem unlike a GB if numbers continue to go up past the initial number at which it was said to be viable. and price stays the same.

randy, think about it, the 18v transformers are not going to be for supplying the 3.3v and 1.2v dac supplies, when there are 2 x 6v or 9v transformers.. are they?

Hi Qusp
The Amanero is not included in the price of $450, look below for what is included.

And I do know what the 18V is for (I may be a little slow sometimes, but not that slow ;) ), but I would like to know what the REAL transformer requirements are, instead of the requirements for the transformer that is going to be supplied.
I guess I could surmise that this needs a min of 2 x 6-0V 2A for the DAC part and 2 x 18V 1A for the opamp output. (others readers please don't take this as a requirement, I don't want to lead people astray).

From the first post
This kit include:

- DAC module assembled and tested with all components
ES9018, Crystek 100MHz top performances oscillator (CCHD-950-25-100), five shunt regulator
- DAC controller assembled and tested
16x2 LCD and infrared remote command for volume, input selection and mute

This kit does not include:

- Chassie
- Transformer 2 x 6-0V 2A + 4 x 18V 1A or 2 x 9V 2A + 2 x 18V 1A
- Amanero USB-I2S module to buy directly from Amanero Technologies
- Output stage, only passive I/V
- Input and output connectors

Last edited:

Hi Qusp
The Amanero is not included in the price of $450, look below for what is included.
EDIT: And from what I can tell, warranty is only included in the more expensive completed unit, not with the DIY board only offer.

And I do know what the 18V is for (I may be a little slow sometimes, but not that slow ;) ), but I would like to know what the REAL transformer requirements are, instead of the requirements for the transformer that is going to be supplied.

From the first post
This kit include:

- DAC module assembled and tested with all components
ES9018, Crystek 100MHz top performances oscillator (CCHD-950-25-100), five shunt regulator
- DAC controller assembled and tested
16x2 LCD and infrared remote command for volume, input selection and mute

This kit does not include:

- Chassie
- Transformer 2 x 6-0V 2A + 4 x 18V 1A or 2 x 9V 2A + 2 x 18V 1A
- Amanero USB-I2S module to buy directly from Amanero Technologies
- Output stage, only passive I/V
- Input and output connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.