Bugle power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear binspaul, you are incredibly inconsistent in the data you supply, it´s IMPOSSIBLE to answer if you keep changing things all the time.

1) up to post#12, we were talking a +/-15V supply, fed from a 18+18V transformer (originally), switched to 15+15V in post #12 .
Then without explanation you switch from +/-15V rails to +/-24V :confused:
That alone invalidates all earlier calculations and answers :rolleyes:

Even worse: by rising regulator voltage (24V) and lowering transformer voltage (15VAC means meager 21V peak/raw rail voltage) makes their work IMPOSSIBLE.
Do you realize that? :rolleyes:

Hey, earlier you said it was
PLEASE decide on one value and stick to it.

Then you have a shorted preamp.

If the amplifier shorts and burns the Power Supply then you DO have an issue with the Amplifier. :cool:

Hello,

I am extremely sorry for the confusion created. The thread was started to discuss the Hagerman Bugle Power Supply for using in a phono pre amplifier project. After the few posts and discussions, the transformer required was confirmed to 15-0-15 center tapped.

Instead of creating a new thread, I used the same thread to discuss on using the Bugle power supply board to power the Pass B1 Buffer preamplifier. As I am having extra Bugle power supply boards and components, I was planning to use the same to power the B1 project (if possible).

1. Since B1 requires a higher input voltage, I switched the transformer to 18-0-18.
2. The resistor value is 10R @ 500mW (sorry for the typing mistake)
3. I am also assuming that there seems a shorting in the amplifier board which I need to find out.
4. Will there be a short if I reverse the JFET's?
5. I am using the original B1 buffer preamplifier and is only using the POSITIVE and GND from the bugle power supply. The NEGATIVE section is unused.

---
Best regards,
BP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.