Planar Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
WOW! Thank you Bolserst, Mark, Lowmass, WrineX, and all others ever so much folks for all the value advise you have been so freely sharing!

No where in the world could one have access to such a lot of detailed information, without charge!

The beauty is you all share information from a practical point of view, backed with theory and nothing is half baked.

I salute you all!!

Yes I did hear the Monsoon Planers before I opened them up. The 3 D imaging and tonality was EXCEPTIONAL! Only the power handling capacity because of the magnet corrosion was severely compromised. The speakers used to distort at slightly elevated levels. My guess was because the out coating of the magnets that were peeling off were touching the membrane.

I have got a Neodymium magnet manufacturer to take the present magnets that are not corroded have them tested with some kind of destructive analysis and quote for brand new magnets of exactly the same strength! So now I would have planar speakers that are restored to their original state...if not better...thanks to you folks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.