Android to DIYINHK Xmos no sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2018
Paid Member
My first attempt at i2s from USB has resulted in silencio.
I am using my Samsung S9 >USB cable> DIYINHK xmos> AK4118 receiver> AD1862.

When I plugged the phone in it popped up a message acknowledging the Xmos board.....encouraging.
Selected USB input on the 4118 board but it isn't seeing a signal. Tried playing Spotify and via USB Audio player Pro. The info in the Audio player window whilst a song is playing indicates USB DAC 44khz.

Anything I'm missing ?
Thanks

Can you post links to the hardware ?

Not sure what the 4118 is doing in the chain ?

From the DIYinHK site it seems their Xmos to i2c is directly pluggable to their AD1862.
If so then what happens if you do that and bypass the 4118 ?

What settings have you configured for USB Audio-Player-Pro for an output device ?? Post the device setting page.

I know that it works for the DIYinHK Xmos board and have used that with an ES-sabre i2s DAC

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Thanks for the reply. This is the AK4118
Let's shop together on AliExpress with new user coupons
Your £0.75 in coupons are here!
AK4118 Digital Receiver Board Audio Decoder DAC SPDIF To IIS Coaxial Optical USB AES EBU Input Support XMOS Amanero 1.3inch OLED|Digital-to-Analog Converter| - AliExpress

Using it as I also am feeding optical spdif to the dac and sending the USB through this allows switching between the 2 sources. But I shall try feeding straight to the AD1862. What would I do with the MCLK output from the XMOS. Nothing I assume. The dac doesn't have master clock input. It is Miros AD1862.

Within USB player. This is the USB audio tab.

Upsample is off
Bit perfect is on
DSD is PCM conversion
Sample rate limit is not set.

Can't find anything particularly pertaining to 'devices'

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210331-224503_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    Screenshot_20210331-224503_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 157
Joined 2018
Paid Member
A little update. I took the 4118 out of the system and I have music!
Using my Samsung S9.
However I can only get music through USB Audio player . Nothing from Spotify or Radio Paradise apps.
How can I get music to play via other applications than USB Audio Pro?
Thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.