BruteFIR DSP PC Step by Step

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Thanks, that is good to know. I currently use ecasound + ladspa plugins with loopbacks and brutefir on an RPI3B. I might be able to simplify things.

Perhaps try without the convolver first. For example
Code:
chrt -f 45 sox --buffer 1024  -c 2 -t alsa hw:1,0 -t alsa hw:0,0 &

'chrt -f 45' will give SoX enough priority to function 'boldly'! :D It's just below the priority of IRQs on the BBB. Quit SoX by killing from the command line.
This command line simply takes an input from hw:1,0, and routs it to hw:0,0
When that works, then you can get as fancy as you like with the output side, adding the convolver, etc. etc. You can also specify the ALSA input plug of choice by changing 'hw:0,0' to 'alsa plug:<your_name_of_choice>'. Don't forget the '&' at the end.

Here is a different thread about LADSPA plugins that might be of interest.

LADSPA filters for digital crossovers on the BBB

Ecasound is good, but locks your sample rate. Alternatively, if you run LADSPA filters in ALSA they adapt to the native sample rate. Only drawback is that ALSA is not well documented. But to a DIYer it is (imho) manageable to program the ALSA user space. And by specifying different output plugs and chaining them for different operating modes, you can create different filter effects for different purposes. You just have to specify the first plug in the intended chain as the output from whatever program is making/managing sound.

Also, I hope you are using Charlie Laub's ACDf filters - they give more control than the RTaylor series...

Cheers,

Frank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.