wtfplay project - Linux based PC playback system

AS one whose curiosity overwhelms his abilities ...

Would you mind telling how this is done or pointing to some instruction?

It has not been stated plainly what the purpose of this add-on is - the closest i can get to an answer is that it is superior for SACD and DSD files?

I have a very few of those files but i would like to hear what this can do. I have never found DSD to be anything particularly wonderful and would be glad to find out they can be.

Thanks,

For me, the main value of ap console is playing the cue file
I do not have access to my music computer at the moment.

instruction:

the archive is unpacked along the way:
copy the ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 file from the 64-bit system to /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2.
And add libc.so.6 to the libraries.

A Possible Navigation Bug ???

Hi Frd__

I'm quite thankful for the "wtfplaylist" function - a great convenience for sure.

Today I'm working with a saved playlist containing multiple entries (executing command line PB via wtfplaylist), and when attempting to move between tracks using "<" or ">" there is no response.

Are these two key bindings ignored when in command line PB mode ? Is there an alternate way to jump between playlist entries ?

Thank you again for creating and sharing such a wonderful player !!

Cheers,
Grant

The wtfplaylist does not support < and > keys, because the player does not support those keys. All wtfplaylist is doing is just starting the player and telling it to play files. I will take a look if it's easy to add < and > keys to the player. It should not be too difficult.

At the moment I would recommend using PAGE_UP as a workaround to skip forward. This key seeks forward by 15 minutes. If the track is shorted than that, the player will play the next track.

F

Why would it say the following trying core 2? This is after it says wtf kernel 41 and 40.
error: no such device: vmlinuz.041........
.........need to load the kernel first

I used core2 on this miniPC years ago and wanted to try again. It worked before so I downloaded the latest core2, to no avail.

SAC: This does not look right. This indicates that the boot disk/card/memory stick is missing some files. Which software did you use to write the image onto the boot disk? Win32 Imager or Balena Etcher should be used.

AFAIK: 0.7.4 boots fine in both: BIOS and UEFI mode.

F

Last edited:
ello everyone, I have been using WTFPLAY for several years, I think it is a great player, perhaps the best, although the Bughead with Windows Server Core loaded in RAM in some things I like better.
I have tried F2k, JRMC, and HQPlayer 4 and find them light years away from either of these 2.
As I find it uncomfortable to boot from bios + f12 every time I want to start wtfplay, I have managed to add it to the windows boot menu by giving an entry, from it, to grub4dos and it starts perfectly and also saves the settings and playlist.
The problem arises when I want to do this same with wtfplay in vhd. Here I get it to boot in multiple ways, but it doesn't save the settings or the playlist.
The vhd I have created with winimage; in grub4dos I map it as (hd2)
and I set root to (hd2,1), which is exactly how I do it when booting from usb. Chainloader I put it as (0x82) +1 in both ways (USB and VHD) and I start it with the command
"boot /efi/boot/bootx64.efi" or "boot /uefiboot.img".
Of the 2 ways it boots, both in USB and in VHD, but in "VHD mode" DOES NOT SAVE THE CONFIGURATIONS.
What am I doing wrong?
If anyone has any ideas I will be very grateful
Best regards, enjoy the music.

Hi,

I am not familiar with grub4dos but here is what I suspect is happening: the VHD is essentially the wtfplay-live ISO image. Although it can be mapped as a drive by grub4dos, it's existence ends as soon as the linux kernel is booted. Linux kernel in wtfplay-live does not have any support for VHD. Since the wtfplay-live's configuration partition is built-in into the ISO image it is also not available.

A very similar effect to VHD can be used with Grub's loop module. It allows to boot directly from ISO image using an existing Grub bootloader. I am not sure if that's available in grub4dos. However, the issue with storing the configuration remains.

I have an experimental code that allows storing the configuration on a specified filesystem, but it requires some more tweaking.

F

First of all, thanks for the quick response.
The vhd is created with winimage from the usb flash drive, created with win32diskimager, in theory the copy is sector by sector, so the image should be identical, although one thing is theory and another is practice.
In addition to winimage, I have tried Acronis True Image 2017, first creating a "blank" vhd and then restoring a disk image, from the usb pendrive that contains wtfplay and that starts perfectly saving the configuration files; and I have not obtained results either.
Somehow wtfplay "knows" that it is booting from a vhd, and not from a usb device?
Very thankful.
Best Regards.