Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

See a few posts above for a working 320Kbps mp3 stream.

Try pasting the url in the flac.m3u into the Moode config for the station.

Cheers,

Phil

Thanx Phil!

The new 320K URL works;-) JB Radio 2 is reborn:)

Unfortunately the flac stream couldn't be implemented in MoOde for some reason. But maybe Tim wants to put that on his to do list. With Archphile it's working- so it should be possible.

Greetingz, Robert

Thanx Phil!

The new 320K URL works;-) JB Radio 2 is reborn:)

Unfortunately the flac stream couldn't be implemented in MoOde for some reason. But maybe Tim wants to put that on his to do list. With Archphile it's working- so it should be possible.

Greetingz, Robert

The FLAC stream is playing via Moode as I type this., using the url I posted earlier.

No track info displayed, alas.

Phil

Yes it on. Sometimes it shows up as an airplay device but most of the time it does not.
Cannot figure out what is causing this inconsistent behavior..

Hi,

The symptom "Sometimes it shows up..." suggests a network issue. To troubleshoot try the following:

1) Verify shairport-sync is actually running

pgrep -l shairport-sync

2) Verify that only a single adapter and ip address are operational

ip addr show eth0
ip addr show wlan0

-Tim

Sorry if these are rather basic questions but I'm really computer illiterate:-

1. Can Moode support direct CD playback via USB Drive - any drive limitations?

2. How do I add a custom WiFi driver to the system (I'm using CM3 module so using an external USB WiFi solution).

3. Is the HDMI output enabled and does this have any significant impact on operational speed - with HDMI "mode" can a USB keyboard / mouse be used as the user interface?

4. Can files be played from the Local memory?

Last edited:
Sorry if these are rather basic questions but I'm really computer illiterate:-

1. Can Moode support direct CD playback via USB Drive - any drive limitations?

2. How do I add a custom WiFi driver to the system (I'm using CM3 module so using an external USB WiFi solution).

3. Is the HDMI output enabled and does this have any significant impact on operational speed - with HDMI "mode" can a USB keyboard / mouse be used as the user interface?

Hi,

1. moOde does not support playback from USB CD drive.
2. you need to have good Linux skills to add drivers, etc
3. HDMI port is enabled but moOde is a headless music server thats designed to be accessed from another computer via a web Browser. There is no built in support for displaying moOde UI on a locally attached display however it can be done. User @morias posted a recipe in this thread for the 7" Pi Touch Display.

-Tim

Hi,

1. moOde does not support playback from USB CD drive.
2. you need to have good Linux skills to add drivers, etc
3. HDMI port is enabled but moOde is a headless music server thats designed to be accessed from another computer via a web Browser. There is no built in support for displaying moOde UI on a locally attached display however it can be done. User @morias posted a recipe in this thread for the 7" Pi Touch Display.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

OK thank you for your swift reply - shame about the lack of CD playback via CDROM drive.

I added a question after I posted - can Moode support playback form local Memory?

Hi Tim,

OK thank you for your swift reply - shame about the lack of CD playback via CDROM drive.

I added a question after I posted - can Moode support playback form local Memory?

Hi,

I assume you are referring to what's sometimes called "RAM Play" where the entire song is copied to RAM before play back begins.

Whats the benefit of this approach?

-Tim

With old DOS its possible to format a drive with 2 logical partitions and then have separate drive volumes - is it possible then with Linux to have moOde on one partition and the local Music files on the second memory partition?

I guess its far more complex then this, but maybe due to my complete nativity worth asking.

The advantage of eMMC over any USB connected device is not sharing the Pi's limited USB BW - and eMMC is much faster then the Pi's SDCard interface.

Last edited:
Tim,

Why isn't there built in support? It seems like this request comes up fairly often and would be a nice feature in certain situations.

Andy

Hi,

-Tim

Tim,

The advantage of CM3 is that you can have much larger eMMC memory (I've boards with 16GB, and we will try 64GB) - I can try moOde but without WiFi...

Hi,

CM is primarily an integrator platform and since moOde proprietary parts are not Licensed for redistribution or commercial use I don't really understand your existing or planned usage scenario. http://moodeaudio.org/docs/LICENSE.html

-Tim