Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Here is the second one.
By both device I can set the max sample rate to only 48Khz.
By the HDA Intel device I can set many kind of sample rate.
Tyimo

Attachments

• Settings2.jpg
    Settings2.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 527
Kipeta

Thank's , i cross fingers .
That will be a nice Christmas gift:):):santa:

Hi,

Santa does not bring you that gift at least not today ;-)

Unfortunately I didn't even manage to setup the Ubuntu Mac USB flash with it today. Or actually I though I prepared the USB flash for both Daphile and Ubuntu (no any warning or errors during the process) but I didn't manage to boot neither of them.

I'll probably try it later again.

Here is the second one.
By both device I can set the max sample rate to only 48Khz.
By the HDA Intel device I can set many kind of sample rate.
Tyimo

Hi,

I think you have found a bug from the web UI. It picks up the max rate from device 1 for both of them and that's why it is shown wrong for the Device 0.

However if you have selected "HW limit: 48000Hz" option the player does not limit the rate (it lets then the HW to determine what's the limit) and you should be able play 96000kHz files with the Device 0.

I'll fix this bug in some future release.

Update available!

CHANGES on December 22nd 2013:
  • IPv4LL used as backup for direct PC to PC connections
  • Volume control bug of the routerless setup fixed
  • WMA playback fixed for WMA radio streams
  • Boot graphics mode changed to 800x600x16bit to improve compatibility
Update via your Daphile web UI or download from www.daphile.com.

Any feedback is warmly welcomed!

Hi,

Santa does not bring you that gift at least not today ;-)

Unfortunately I didn't even manage to setup the Ubuntu Mac USB flash with it today. Or actually I though I prepared the USB flash for both Daphile and Ubuntu (no any warning or errors during the process) but I didn't manage to boot neither of them.

I'll probably try it later again.

Hi Kipeta

Tank's for Your trial an time.

Wish you Merry Christmas

duplicate music files displayed

Hi, I am unable to resolve a duplicate file display. For example in a KD lang album I see every song twice, eg Barefoot. However when I look into the file system there is only 1 occurrence. Y is mapped to the USB drive music folder.

Y:\>dir /s > /song_list.txt
Y:\>findstr "Barefoot.flac" /song_list.txt
16-Jul-13 11:09 AM 26,994,388 2-07 Barefoot.flac

I get this in other albums but not very many. I have completely reinstalled the system ( latest ) from scratch and obviously re-scanned the USB drive with the music files but still the same albums have the duplicates.

I do notice that if I look in the music folder option from My Music there is only 1 occurrence in the KD Lang album directory but you cant play from this location.

has anyone else seen this and know how to resolve it?

Kind regards Geoff

Congratulations to this release, Daphile is geting better and better.

Has anyone tried to use it with an XMOS DAC or XMOS USB /SPDIF converter? it's half the price from what a Hiface 2 costs.

BTW, these Features would make Daphile even better (at least for me :D):

- WOL (Wake on LAN) Feature at Daphile Startup for at least one device (so Daphile could wakeup my Server)
- Statik IP Address, Subnet Mask and Gateway via Webinterface
- Automatic Shutdown after an adjustable Time of inactivity (let's say default is 30 minutes)
- Automatic Play last Album/Rosio Station after Power loss (my Wife often simply pushes the Power Button an want's to listen to the same Radio Station after she turns the Power on again without using an App or the Webinterface)

Cheers

Congratulations to this release, Daphile is geting better and better.

Has anyone tried to use it with an XMOS DAC or XMOS USB /SPDIF converter? it's half the price from what a Hiface 2 costs.

BTW, these Features would make Daphile even better (at least for me :D):

- WOL (Wake on LAN) Feature at Daphile Startup for at least one device (so Daphile could wakeup my Server)
- Statik IP Address, Subnet Mask and Gateway via Webinterface
- Automatic Shutdown after an adjustable Time of inactivity (let's say default is 30 minutes)
- Automatic Play last Album/Rosio Station after Power loss (my Wife often simply pushes the Power Button an want's to listen to the same Radio Station after she turns the Power on again without using an App or the Webinterface)

Cheers

I run the last daphile version with a xmos usb interface.
Ciao

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

I just revisited Daphile after going back to Windows/JPlay last time for a variety of reasons.

New Daphile install today, with WaveIO XMOS interface feeding by Buffalo dac. It's working very well. Still not able to get hotspot wireless working with the Asus N13 dongle, but using an old Netgear wireless router all is good and I can remote control with the Squeeze app on an Android phone.

Sounds really good, seems stable and was super easy to set up. Great Job Kipeta.

For some reason my unit recognizes my XMOS Dac in the setup but does not during play. It did work on the last release but I have been away so not able to revert it back to test. When entering setup mode it takes about 10 seconds to discover the XMOS Dac but play quits looking for it in a few seconds and reports no audio device. I also had issue with loading the Os on my hard drive, daphile recognizes the drive but errors out on trying to write it. I also have a new wifi dongle coming in to try.

Bill

I just revisited Daphile after going back to Windows/JPlay last time for a variety of reasons.

New Daphile install today, with WaveIO XMOS interface feeding by Buffalo dac. It's working very well. Still not able to get hotspot wireless working with the Asus N13 dongle, but using an old Netgear wireless router all is good and I can remote control with the Squeeze app on an Android phone.

Sounds really good, seems stable and was super easy to set up. Great Job Kipeta.

Hi,
could you please give us a short description of deviations in SQ between these two players.
Gr
Peter

Hi,
could you please give us a short description of deviations in SQ between these two players.
Gr
Peter

Hi Peter

I haven't been able to isolate any real differences. Before (JPLAY 5.1/W8, early Daphile build) I felt that Daphile lacked a little drive and tautness in the bass.

With the latest release of both, there is nothing in it. I think there are more gains to be had in other parts of the system. And Daphile/Squeezeserver is fully remote controllable, unlike JPLAY mini, which is nice. ANd headless which means I can pull the graphics card, reducing power consumption, heat and probably some electrical noise.

My pc is fed with only the linearest dc, fully passively cooled and totally over-powered to run a music replay system - works an absolute treat.

Mark

Unetbootin is picky about recognizing different flash media. I struggled with it and tried windisk32 but it would only produce a read only boot image. I find it odd that there would be a difference in sound quality from win OS and Daphile I would think it would be more hardware dependent. I am crossing my fingers all the bugs get worked out as I really like daphile and plan retiring my other playback devices.

Bill