DIY Sony VFET lottery discussion

Over 20 years ago I started my daughters into the love of audio as I was hooked and purchase an Assemblage ST-300b amplifier that me and two of my small 4 and 6 year old daughters soldered and assembled. One of the great memories that I have that I get when hear the result. I would love to be able to repeat this as I know my heart is big enough for more LOVE. I assume the 179 Extremely lucky people will be wise enough to put the young ones in front of this amazing event to make the Audio group even better. Much better to party in a group for sure.

Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by sunny skies...

It was so poetic.
I'm the only one, who feels in this way? ;)

Nelson has 'borrowed' from William Shakespeare's Richard III, the actual quote is

"Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York."

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
No one can comment on schematic goodies ?
ZMor so ?

:clown:

as always, Papa delivers

with Green, contrary to entire superserious FiFi industry

Attachments

• hihihihi.gif
    hihihihi.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,081
True hope is swift, and flies with swallow’s wings; Kings it makes gods, and meaner creatures kings (WS)
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide for those who have little (FDR).... and of course this "little" amp is for those of us that can't afford the whopping crazy expensive amps that "those of expendable means" have access to and yet we appreciate the pure sounds of the world just as much... So thank you Nelson, thank you!

I would imagine it would behave very well provided the output voltage swing is going to be enough for you... in other words it depends how efficient your speakers are as to whether it will play loud enough.

I have 1960s Altec 416Z drivers in Onken cabinets and 808 compression drivers for the 511 horns. I'm using 300B SET now, but I would also like to try them on my ESL 57s. Fingers crossed I can purchase a kit and chassis as I already have the Vfets!