New Aleph J builder from Wisconsin, USA

Appreciate the interest. After thinking about when it occurred, it turns out I noticed the change after rearranging the speakers for a different imaging experiment. My room is oddly shaped, so I presume reflections (or lack of) were the cause. A quick speaker and seating position adjustment and all was well.

Source and speaker swaps yielded the same results, so speaker position was the culprit.

Thanks for checking back! I haven’t yet checked the voltages, but hope to do so today just to verify things are running well. I leave it on all the time so it should be plenty stable.

any progress with you bias issue Chris ?

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Appreciate the interest. After thinking about when it occurred, it turns out I noticed the change after rearranging the speakers for a different imaging experiment. My room is oddly shaped, so I presume reflections (or lack of) were the cause. I quick speaker and seating position adjustment and all was well.

Source and speaker swaps yielded the same results, so speaker position was the culprit.

Thanks for checking back! I haven’t yet checked the voltages, but hope to do so today just to verify things are running well. I leave it on all the time so it should be plenty stable.

Great that you figured it all out. I have a similar issue because of my room layout. This is the exact reason I built my B1 Nutube with separate left and right volume controls. I can compensate for the slight uptick in perceived volume on my left channel.

So, here we are, approaching two years since I built this amazing amplifier. @dBel84 and I have run a lot of tunes through it and swapped a lot of speakers on and off of it (he has quite the eclectic collection that he hauled all the way over to my house), and it never skips a beat. We've probably even put a half dozen preamps on it as well. It's a pure pleasure listening to the Aleph J amplifier.

If you're looking for an excuse to build one, you totally have my blessing.

84CA9F01-2132-4CD5-97DD-0901B6E3DA56.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users