Pass Raal Headphone Amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Is there any more info about the mini Beast with a Thousand JFets designed for 32 ohm headphones?

Actually yes. There is a Son of the Beast with 768 per channel and
a Mini Beast with 192 per channel, and a Micro Beast with 96 per channel.

The 96 per channel piece will drive 32 ohm headphones single-ended.

So far, a micro Beast is in the hands of member Biosonar, and he is
having a dandy time with it.

The Son of the Beast is set up with configurable channel boards that will
accept just about any TO-92, and you can set it up for balanced, single-
ended, complementary or CCS bias, all sorts of variations.

Jon "Mr. Fullrange" Ver Halen has made some nice cases that hold two
of those boards each.

:cheers:

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
done that...

Attachments

• fet-hpa2.gif
    fet-hpa2.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
@Adason: do the jfets need to be matched? I'm assuming yes. The output caps are 12v 1000uf? And what is V+ and V- ? And lastly is this really the circuit or just a simplified version? 'Cause this looks super easy, and fun, to build!

Jeffrey

Power supply is +/- 3 volts...its in the circuit. I use batteries.
Matching...yes. Inspite of matching, i had small dc offset on output, so i put cap there.
Real circuit, not simplified. Have you seen Nelson's beast with thousand jfets schematics?

Power supply is +/- 3 volts...its in the circuit. I use batteries.
Matching...yes. Inspite of matching, i had small dc offset on output, so i put cap there.
Real circuit, not simplified. Have you seen Nelson's beast with thousand jfets schematics?

Thanks Adason! Good idea on the output cap. And no i have not seen Nelson's beast schematic figuring since I have only a handfull of jfets why torture myself with the undoable, but maybe i'll take a peek for inspiration.

Jeffrey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.