Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

B1 Korg loud continuous beep...
B1 Korg loud continuous beep... Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th January 2020, 08:55 PM   #31
Manolo47 is online now Manolo47  Puerto Rico
diyAudio Member

Default It looks like it is fixed!

As mentioned, there was no actual connection between the board ground and chassis. Why? Because the whole case and bolts were anodized. That includes the chassis chamfered holes and bolts, well, not the bolts that come with the kit to attach the pcb stands to the chassis, but as mentioned, these chamfered holes were anodized completely, offering no contact with the bolts.
So I removed the anodizing in the holes and established contact. My kit is the complete one that is offered for $299. But this also applies if you get the same enclosure from Italy that comes with kit. Thanks to everyone for your input and hope this helps new builders that get that enclosure.
Old 11th January 2020, 09:05 PM   #32
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg star-washer-500x500.jpg (14.9 KB, 114 views)
Old 11th January 2020, 09:24 PM   #33
JSA1971 is offline JSA1971  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo47 View Post
As mentioned, there was no actual connection between the board ground and chassis. Why? Because the whole case and bolts were anodized. That includes the chassis chamfered holes and bolts, well, not the bolts that come with the kit to attach the pcb stands to the chassis, but as mentioned, these chamfered holes were anodized completely, offering no contact with the bolts.
So I removed the anodizing in the holes and established contact. My kit is the complete one that is offered for $299. But this also applies if you get the same enclosure from Italy that comes with kit. Thanks to everyone for your input and hope this helps new builders that get that enclosure.
Good to hear you've sorted the problem out!
Old 14th January 2020, 11:15 PM   #34
carlpsyd is offline carlpsyd  United States
diyAudio Member

Meper,
Thanks for the suggestion. I found some sound deadening/dampening material on Amazon, put the board on grommets and the microphonics stopped. I can tap on the case and no sound transfer at all. Worked like a charm.

Not sure how to post a picture. I'll get one posted shortly.

Carl
Old 14th January 2020, 11:21 PM   #35
carlpsyd is offline carlpsyd  United States
diyAudio Member

Picture of chassis with dampening/deadening material to stop microphonic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0367.jpg (1.06 MB, 71 views)
Old 20th January 2020, 01:06 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Default The end... Happy Ending!

As mentioned before, I assembled this linestage for a friend. So after finishing it and making sure the beep had gone, listened it for a few days in my system. It really sounds very good. Very dynamic, has a lot of bass, “soundstages” like hell, and of course smooth tube sound. Took it to my friend’s and his system never had sounded so good, a pair of Kharma 2’s loudspeakers driven by an Odyssey Kismet amplifier in Stratos case.

And how does it compare to my ba-3 linestage? Main difference is that it has a distinctive tube sound. Ba-3 has a more taut bass and both have similar soundstage properties.
Old 20th January 2020, 01:25 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Default The end... Happy Ending!

As mentioned before, I assembled this linestage for a friend. So after finishing it and making sure the beep had gone, listened it for a few days in my system. It really sounds very good. Very dynamic, has a lot of bass, “soundstages” like hell, and of course smooth tube sound. Took it to my friend’s and his system never had sounded so good, a pair of Kharma 2’s loudspeakers driven by an Odyssey Kismet amplifier in Stratos case.

And how does it compare to my ba-3 linestage? Main difference is that it has a distinctive tube sound. Ba-3 has a more taut bass and both have similar soundstage properties.
Old 20th January 2020, 01:53 AM   #38
Soundhappy is offline Soundhappy  France
diyAudio Member

B1 Korg loud continuous beep...Hide this!Advertise here!