I am starting the ACP+ build thread.

I have posted the documentation for the ACP+ preamp/headphone amp
which is the subject of the DIY build session on Saturday Nov 9 at the
Burning Amp Festival.

FIRST WATT

I have assembled a total of 55 kits for the occasion, of which I
understand 30 will be built on site and the rest distributed in some
fashion.

Our member 6L6 has been working on his build guide as well.

As with the ACA, I anticipate it being available in the store soon.

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 2 users
Papa, love another project from you!

Unfortunately, I am based in Singapore and can't make a trip to BAF 2019 due to the distance. I tell myself i will make the trip some day. ;-)

If the kits are ever available to the greedy boys in the Far East before the store, let me know.

Ed
P.S.: did you sign off the year as 29 on purpose? :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:clown:

Attachments

• Henry Kuttner & C L Moore - The Proud Robot.GIF
    Henry Kuttner & C L Moore - The Proud Robot.GIF
    4.2 KB · Views: 11,753
Joined 2014
Paid Member
I had hoped to be able to make this my first BAF but alas, someone else in our household had other ideas...

I am in the market for a new headphone amp so I'll look forward to availability of this one. It appears to be superb from the write-up.

Thank you, Mr. Pass, for another of your fine creations and generous donation to this community!

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member

Looks like 76k to me.

Have I slipped a cog? (Again?)

In solid-state work this does not matter. But there are some tube and passive sources which may strain mildly in 20k and be fine for >47k.

OTOH: why not R2 R3 = 1Meg? The JFET won't care. Rin now 500k. Then a 0.1uFd film-cap for C1 to reduce kneejerk reaction to an electrolytic (not that I care about an ample e-cap). I suppose price is a goal?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Looks like 76k to me.

Have I slipped a cog? (Again?)

In solid-state work this does not matter. But there are some tube and passive sources which may strain mildly in 20k and be fine for >47k.

OTOH: why not R2 R3 = 1Meg? The JFET won't care. Rin now 500k. Then a 0.1uFd film-cap for C1 to reduce kneejerk reaction to an electrolytic (not that I care about an ample e-cap). I suppose price is a goal?

ALPS