Voltage: Change From US to EU on X0.2 X1 XP10 XP20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a Pass X2.5 I'd like to upgrade but there is almost no used items in Europe (I live in France, sorry :drunk:) specially once I've disregarded copies and sales by crooks.

You have the list of the unitsI could by to marry one with my Pass XA30.5. The dream would be an XP20 but my bank assistant and I have different dreams.

Anyway, I'd like if the voltage chance on those is more or less easy. I'm ready to pay the French importater to do it.

There's little chance I can afford a XP20 :xmastree:

So another question would be : BETWEEN THE X0.2, X1 AND XP10 WHICH HAS A BETTER SINERGY WITH THE XA30.5 ? :confused:

Thanx for your kind help. ;)

Changing voltage on the XP-20

I looked inside my XP-20 when I first got it.
There are some jumpers between the IEC AC input module and the transformer.
These jumpers would need to reconfigured but like Nelson said it looks like it pretty straightforward

I looked at some pictures but I didn't have a good angle (Straight down from the top)
I found one online but it is too small to see the labels on the circuit board.
I also found a generic wiring diagram of the transformer schematic which seems to agree with the jumpers.

Not hard to do but not something for someone who does not have good soldering skills and the proper tools.

I hope this helps.
If you do get an XP-20 you won't regret it.

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 177
  • transfomer wiring diagram.JPG
    transfomer wiring diagram.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 182
  • xp-20-1-pass-labs.jpg
    xp-20-1-pass-labs.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 185
These jumpers would need to reconfigured but like Nelson said it looks like it pretty straightforward

I looked at some pictures but I didn't have a good angle (Straight down from the top)
I also found a generic wiring diagram of the transformer schematic which seems to agree with the jumpers.

Not hard to do but not something for someone who does not have good soldering skills and the proper tools.

I hope this helps.
Thanx so much Berd. But considering that my right hand is almost paralised, this is a no way form me, specially considering the weakest point is the thumb. Well, a little more than 3 years ago, I've been told I wouldn't recover anything and that my entire arm would remain paralised. I fought and now I can drive. I'm luckier than many others and Nelson will help a :wchair:.
In a summary : :drink: I can't hold a glass, but I can drink what's inside :D I find strength and in the kindness of people such as @Berd

ALTERNATIVE

I hope this helps.
Using a similar power supply would make it much easy :wrench:

Attachments

• 20190102_170238.jpg
    20190102_170238.jpg
    982.3 KB · Views: 87
send email to PL and ask , if Wayne doesn't chime in here

Thanx

I've done it. I've been advise to use a step up.

I've written to Nelson and Wayne and am hoping an answer. There is one on sale in the US for $4400 but the seller doesn't ship overseas, so I've asked Wayne and Nelson if they would accept to have it sent to PL, change voltage and send it to me (and how this would cost). Reno also does sell only for shipping and use in the US othewise I would be on their waiting list. I would need a help from US. All those I've found in Europe, one is a demo 3 years $8000 which I can't afford, all other are sold by crooks with fake bank accounts. Fingers crossed :cheers:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.