Diyaudiostore IRFP240

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
Here are the curves of the transistors bought on the store, what did you think of pairings? The measurements were made with the peak atlas dca75 pro.
Thank you

Attachments

• IRF240.jpg
    IRF240.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 668
Hello,
Here are the curves of the transistors bought on the store, what did you think of pairings? The measurements were made with the peak atlas dca75 pro.
Thank you

I have too , bought the dca75 pro ,time ago for the same purpose ( I thought !! ) , but forget about it , it's absolutely not made for such job , get there :

http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_matching.pdf

Matching at the intended operating voltage and current is ideal, but
generally requires heat sinking and more time. At a lower level
(like 100 mA) you can still get a pretty good number without much
thermal drift.

It depends if the relationship between turn on voltage and pass current is linear across the working current range for each transistor.
If it is then you can get away with a lower current.
If not then the transistors could become misloaded at different currents to the test current.

As the current gets higher it takes a higher voltage to push out the extra current.
I have seen lateral mosfet amps that use this voltage to be limited by a Zener to limit max current.

I have a semiconductor analyser which works at a few mA and its readings usually come out way to high. I am getting massive gain readings for transistors as against the datasheet.

Last edited:
To avoid the thermal drift problem I developed a method to match IRFP240s by mounting them to a temp regulated aluminum plate and using high current pulses. I then convert the resulting output voltage to a VGS reading. Doing some basic statistical analysis on this method it had very good precision comparable to using a constant high current and heatsink mounting the part. It is much faster though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.