power supply for f6 or other

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh Amazon has some cheap poly motor run caps only problem with them was that they were actually cheap electrolitics. How cheap well 2 minuets after charging them to 200v they discharged down to 74 v ! I opened one up to find it was an electrolytic and only filled about 2/3 of the aluminum case.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Some humor this morning. I had to google to understand. Seriously I have been adding a motor run cap at the end of the run for my tube builds of late. I do believe it is an improvement. Probably as good if not better than using poly caps across every electrolytic.

This forum sure is great! Not only do we learn about amps, but we get to learn legal terms and Latin to boot!

This would have been discussed a lot in the past, but I would like to ask how important the physical location of the poly bypass cap is. I can't find enough space to add a motor run cap close to exsisting electrolytics in my amp. 10cm (3 inch) cable between them is too long?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.