UGS-muse preamp GB

The Salas board takes place in between the logic supply board and the preamp board.
On the preamp board, you have just to configure it for +/-24V operation (see the description inside the BOM of the preamp board).

Hi Eric.
I see that. But I'm not sure it will get some voltage drop and noise from Preamp card (circuit from P3 to UGS module). From Salas board can be 2 ways: one to P3 to supply power for MUSE, the other one direct go to UGS module (remove FB4, FB5, FB6, FB7).

Thank you so much.

Bruce Lee

Hi Eric.
I see that. But I'm not sure it will get some voltage drop and noise from Preamp card (circuit from P3 to UGS module). From Salas board can be 2 ways: one to P3 to supply power for MUSE, the other one direct go to UGS module (remove FB4, FB5, FB6, FB7).

Thank you so much.

Bruce Lee

Hi Bruce Lee, I see.
Best then is just to remove and bypass R33/D3 + R34/D4 and keep powering from P3.
-- Eric

Hi Alex and Eric,
I hope all is well with both of you.

Regarding the board for the optical encoder, my thought was to put a 2-pin Molex KK connector on it for whatever you wanted to do regarding backlight LEDs, with an additional spot for a pot or resistor in case you needed to adjust some. This could be replaced with a jumper or fixed resistor if you wanted. Should support either a straight or angled Molex KK 7-pin connector (0.100" or 2.54 spacing).

I completed 2 of the uC boards (1 for my French friend, who sent me the PCBs). Loaded them up with the latest firmware (2.9.6). Here is one of them. They both came right up, easy firmware load.

Alex or Eric,
I got some M3 x 10mm standoffs for the displays but noticed that the holes in the OLED modules are only M2.5? Did you guys usually just drill these out, or did you use M2.5 hardware? I don't see any reason that they couldn't be drilled, but as these are $35 each, I didn't want to risk it (yet). Thanks!

Well I did that for my DAC so software wise very easy to do. Now I need to check if the current hardware is compatible but if it is I can work, once everyone has received their kit, on a software version with dual encoder.
I needs a 7 position switch, is that right ? so that the 1st position is unused, so when you rotate to position 2, you enter the 6 stages possible (like the 6 SW).

I needs a 7 position switch, is that right ? so that the 1st position is unused, so when you rotate to position 2, you enter the 6 stages possible (like the 6 SW).

Hi, when thinking about it, a rotary switch wont do the trick. Because it would always be locked in a position. That would be similar to push one of the "normal" used swiches......and hold it in.... permantly. That wont work.

So it must be rotary encoder, not a switch like Alex says.

Last edited:
list for additional psu pcb post #871

guyisme +1
Oneminde +1
emyeuoi +2(also 2x salas shunt pcb)
fencki +1(also interested for 1-2 extra for current preamp wirh old ups)
Pars +1
astromo +1
JoeyDD +1? (also 1 or 2 extras of the board to substitute in a current UGS)
carsten.witt +1
Stanney2017 +1
myl +1
vannhoem +1
Boydk +1
Torvbakkane +1
HelmutHolz +1
Awh +1
Dennis Hui +1(and an extra for an older UGS kit)
ItsAllInMyHead +1
axelcs +1
elwood625 +1
Stones +1?
schultzsch +1(also the salas shunt psu pcbs)
finwbu +1
drpro +1

total 24 pcbs

Thank you very much for initiating the consolidation here, very kind from you and makes me save time :up::)

Maybe I have missed something here, but aren't Eric's shunt regs and the psu of post #571 already in the Full Kit list provided by Alex in Post #868? The spreadsheet may have been updated since it was first posted.

Right it could be confusing so I am updating it. I have a bit of time this week and want to complete all. I am consolidating all again here with the new input and will ask you all to do a last check before payment / order.

Ok so new version here trying to clarify everyone's update on the thread and MP.
I realized in your request that there are only variations on the options provided by Eric so I added options for those, for the rest I keep it as a full kit.
I had only 1~2 request for additional gain stage and will handle this separately as I still have a couple of PCB in hand and can fill the requests.

The full kit quantity is as you asked before, please let me know about the options you need by checking the sheet and adjusting if necessary. Let's close it this week if possible.

CG UGS Muse v2.0 (DiyAudio 2020) - Google Sheets

Ok so new version here trying to clarify everyone's update on the thread and MP.
I realized in your request that there are only variations on the options provided by Eric so I added options for those, for the rest I keep it as a full kit.
I had only 1~2 request for additional gain stage and will handle this separately as I still have a couple of PCB in hand and can fill the requests.

The full kit quantity is as you asked before, please let me know about the options you need by checking the sheet and adjusting if necessary. Let's close it this week if possible.

Perfect, damn you guys are good! Thanks Alex!

Chris

Perfect, damn you guys are good! Thanks Alex!

Chris