Speaker recommendation for F5 and a Pearl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I´m actually building a F5 and have a working Pearl II. I´m wondering which would be the best diy-speaker project for the Firstwatt clones. I mainly listen to pop, electro and 6ts soul and am open to any system. The whole project shouldn´t cost more than 600 $.

The woodworking can be done by me, cause professional machines can be used.
Many thanks and best,
Rents

Last edited:
A classic 50 W/100 Wmax speaker would do fine.
Experimenting with new 2" speakers, they do fine for tweeter.
Putting two of them in series and letting only one to emit the treble by putting
a cap across the other one, makes a nice mid-treble unit at low cost.
Then add a woofer and cross at 500 Hz.
If using 4 Ω drivers for mid-treble the woofer can be a model for car.

I will try next a MONACOR MENHIR with my Aleph J and F5.
Should be a really good match at the moment a have this Speaker
on my amps

diffusori Tipsy by Alberto Bellino

mine looks a little bit different but are the same inside.

If google translate has not fool me they should have an impedance of 8Ohm 92db sensitivity and goes from 60hz - 22khz.

The bass is al little bit weak but if this not most important or a subwoofer is in the house, they should be fine.

Thanks for the answers. I definitely wanna go the FR route and have actually two speakers with Visaton B200. It would be great, to implement a bass-sytem afterwards. Are there any horn-projects out there that will fit the F5 very good? My budget of 600$ is for the speakers only.

Thanks for the answers. I definitely wanna go the FR route and have actually two speakers with Visaton B200.
I also said to go with FR, much smaller .
Series connection with one cap across one driver it's not really 'crossover evilness' . Much like 0.5 order :rolleyes::)
Maybe you can find a woofer that don't need any lowpass coil for good reproduction; a cap for high-passing the mid-tw module is of course necessary.
But you don't need to do such big woofers with a strip holding the mid-tw in a coaxyal fashion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.