Amp Camp Amp - ACA

Last edited:
I have a question about C1. The original 3300 uF cap in Nelson's BOM is not available at Mouser or Digikey. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement?

For reference, here is the cap from the BOM:

ECO-S1HA332BA Panasonic | Mouser

ECO-S1VA332BA Panasonic Electronic Components | P6596-ND | DigiKey

I have no experience with Rubycon or Cornell-Dubilier, are they any good? If so, would this work?

381LX332M035H012 Cornell Dubilier - CDE | Mouser

In trying to match the specs, how important are the ESR and/or ripple current? Is it better to go higher or lower with those?

I have a question about C1. The original 3300 uF cap in Nelson's BOM is not available at Mouser or Digikey. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement?

For reference, here is the cap from the BOM:

ECO-S1HA332BA Panasonic | Mouser

ECO-S1VA332BA Panasonic Electronic Components | P6596-ND | DigiKey

I have no experience with Rubycon or Cornell-Dubilier, are they any good? If so, would this work?

381LX332M035H012 Cornell Dubilier - CDE | Mouser

In trying to match the specs, how important are the ESR and/or ripple current? Is it better to go higher or lower with those?

Normally for ripple current the bigger the better, on the contrary, for ESR the smaller the better.

Panasonic FC 3300uf/35V is also a good alternative

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The F-5 is just about as easy to make, but needs a real linear power supply. Will sound different which makes it worth trying. Will be educational to make the power supply. Boards for both are in the store.

The Store is also just getting another batch of matched JFETS which will work with the F-5 Check out the F-5 Build guide also.

Mark

hi variac,

I already made the f5 in the past...

I wanted to try something new and generally speaking, i find SE designs sound signature better than push pull...

i also don't need really more than 10W max for my efficient speakers

Supposedely someone named «Wensan» has drawn some nice schematics (has mentioned By Nelson in my link above).....however his work semmes to have disappear from the net.

Anyway...i will probably go ahead for a quick point to point build and see.

thanks for your reply!