The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

We LOVE chasing wabbits...:D:D

Attachments

• CO 7502 copy.jpg
    CO 7502 copy.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 141
Living in Northern California I've had some pretty tasty salmon. However one of the best salmon dinners I've ever had was cooked by the chef at a b&b in Pitlochry Scotland. The waitress claimed it was strait out of the stream behind the inn.

I have no idea if that was true, but it was incredible!

Are the drones already circling above your manor ?

Lovely surroundings, very pleasant town, I assume Kelso offers lodging to a great many salmon tourists ?

Salmon tourists can no longer afford the prices charged around here! Last year had the worst season in living memory and the famous Autumn run totally collapsed! On the two or three best parts of the river fishermen have to pay more than UK£1,000 a day to fish for these - now - elusive fish. The salmon fly-fishing visitors have been contributing - it is claimed - more than £20 MILLION PA to the local economy. :rolleyes:

The Duke has sold the Roxburghe Hotel to a German company...they have an ambitious programme for its further development - I look forward to seeing how it fares as they are re-naming it "Schloss Roxburghe". :eek: The building was used during WWII as a PoW camp for German Officers and it is said that they attic level rooms still have some graffiti in German left by the servants of the interned officers. Maybe the company which has bought the hotel, Golf Course, shooting and fishing rights has an elderly investor who was imprisoned there! :)

I have been house-bound for three days,,,trapped nerve near my sacra iliac, so no recent cold weather pics as I shot down the drones! But I did find this - Schloss Brianco!

Attachments

• _BDC8153 copy.jpg
    _BDC8153 copy.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 134
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
damn

couldn't resist , found a pair of original ones , in more than fair condition ....though still didn't unpacked them , so didn't took proper picture

and yes , boxes are empty and my drivers will stay in big cabs in my workshop

ZM happy camper

first pic , those packed

second and third , so you can see what's this about

and yes , they were diiiiirt cheap

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_165601.jpg
    IMG_20190209_165601.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 167
  • $_57c.JPG
    $_57c.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 108
  • RCALC-1A  6.jpg
    RCALC-1A 6.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 109
damn

couldn't resist , found a pair of original ones , in more than fair condition ....though still didn't unpacked them , so didn't took proper picture

and yes , boxes are empty and my drivers will stay in big cabs in my workshop

ZM happy camper

first pic , those packed

second and third , so you can see what's this about

and yes , they were diiiiirt cheap

ZM, you are living proof that the sickness is deep. We don't stand a chance when faced with we don't need, but lust after. :D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm sucker for speakers ......... any type , any shape , only condition is that they must be gooood

now I;m contemplating do I need Mighty Original Great ESS Heil Air Motion Transformer™ I - LARGE , at least when they are by present prices ......

I don't need them , but that Devil inside me .......

:bawling:

Life is Good!