RENESAS 2SK1058 2SJ162 Power MOSFET

I shut down the site -- it was causing havoc with taxes, besides it was written in an early MSFT web language which is no longer supported.

I would sell matched pairs, 2 of K1058 and 2 of J162 -- enough for at least one side of a 100W+ amplifier, for $24/set. Shipping depends upon location -- regrettably USPS has jacked up the price for Priority Mail since the turn of the year.
PM sent.

output device matching necessary?

> I would sell matched pairs, 2 of K1058 and 2 of J162

What is the matching criteria ?
Vgs matched, also between NMOS and PMOS ?
to what tolerance, at what bias current ?

Thanks,
Patrick
Good question, Patrick. May be you can help answer that if I am building a class A biased headphone amplifier like the E5.
My E5 Class A hifi headphone amp

Or, if matching is necessary for the relatively low power headlamp output stage?

Good question, Patrick. May be you can help answer that if I am building a class A biased headphone amplifier like the E5.
My E5 Class A hifi headphone amp

Or, whether matching is necessary for the power output stage and how?
Patrick, can you share your insight on this topic? Your opinion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

Vgs at 100mA. Sometimes I measure them at 200mA. The set I just sent were 1.46 for the P's and 1.57 for the N's If you match enough of them the Vgs can be better than +/-5%

I think that when SpittinLama did his article on the NatSemi driver chips he found 115mA was optimal.

Nicely written article -- he took pains to adjust the gate stoppers for equal slew rate:

http://www.ti.com/lit/pdf/snaa045?keyMatch=LM4702&tisearch=Search-EN-everything

output device matching criterion

Vgs at 100mA. Sometimes I measure them at 200mA. The set I just sent were 1.46 for the P's and 1.57 for the N's If you match enough of them the Vgs can be better than +/-5%

I think that when SpittinLama did his article on the NatSemi driver chips he found 115mA was optimal.

Nicely written article -- he took pains to adjust the gate stoppers for equal slew rate:

Jack, greatly appreciate your comment and link to the National Semi application note. Extremely helpful read.

AudioXpress article

Jack, I found your old AudioXpress article on the LM4702 driven amplifier.
High End 120W MOSFET IC Driven Amp - p 1838 | audioXpress

Do you have stock of the driver IC LM4702, PCB etc.? It sounds like a very affordable and technically easy way to build a high end power amplifier.

In the circuits I've seen the difference in Vgs for devices is lost in the negative feedback, what matters to distortion is the transconductance match - whether that correlates with Vgs I don't know, but I know Vgs device variations are inherent in MOSFETs due to trapped charges in the gate region, but that this is just a voltage offset effect. Vgs can also drift with age and voltage stress due to charge migration.

> Vgs at 100mA.
> The set I just sent were 1.46 for the P's and 1.57 for the N's
> If you match enough of them the Vgs can be better than +/-5%

That means you are offering single point Vgs match at 100mA;
N-N or P-P to 10mV Vgs; And N-P to 100mV Vgs ?

Patrick

I'm not going to buy another 200 devices, I don't think I could, but there are enough such that you'll get 20 or more +/- 0.03 Volts, P to P, or N to N.

The Toshiba's have higher transconductance.

Hey Jackinnj my account seems to be too new to message you directly but I was wondering if you have more matched 2SJ162 & 2SK1058 you're willing to part with? I have an amp that needs 8 of each.
Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 1.29.18 PM.png