Sansui toggle power switch wanted.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
How much including shipping to your location?
About $AU50 all up so I'm happy with that. He charges $US23 and 2 Euros postage. It works out to be about $US25 if you live in the USA. The switches are for mid-sized AIWA stereo amplifiers. (SA-P22) The holes for the screws to fit it are in the right place so you can connect the ac power wires straight up (being ac it doesn't matter which wire is which) with the 0.1uf snubber capacitor soldered onto the same two tabs.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I can get TV power switches made in China for 50 US cents. Indian are about 70 cents US.
Mixer breakers about same price.

50 Aussie landed is expensive.
23 US$ plus 2 Euros plus what makes 50 Aussie?
Exchange rates?
Have fun. Got the original one at least, so less issues.
Why would I even think of getting them made in China or India when I only want one switch? $AU50 isn't very much here in Australia really, we have a high living standard, the average median weekly wage is $AU2,000. Two Euros postage from Greece compared to $AU200 from the USA is cheap in anyone's language. I don't know which exchange rate you are referring to but you can always look it up?

I meant the shops here sell both Chinese and Indian made switches...
Making a switch needs so many press and plastic tools that it will cost you something like US $ 6,000 for most of the tooling.
And the production shops charges, raw material costs too.

Due to your high wages, the cost of secondary handling is high, in the sense somebody has to unload the cartons, and the smaller packages inside, then actually select, pack and ship that part to the buyer.

That is much less here.
So if you compare what the manufacturer gets as price for the goods, it is about the same.
The difference is in the costs after landing in Europe or Australia.

International postage rates are not so wildly different, 2 Euros is about 2 US, and the other seller wanted 200 ...that was kind of peculiar.

We do have shops that have old parts, but sadly the old equipment is being scrapped, and the repair men are getting old.
So it is either DIY, or wait months and be told sorry parts not available - tape players, CD and DVD parts, particularly for equipment that was not sold in large quantities.

Last edited: