Proper replacement of Nichicon LN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I study the complete restoration of a famous NAKAMICHI 1000ZXL, and by reading the Service Manual, I see that a few electrolytic capacitors are marked "(LN)" next to their value.

I know that "(BP)" stands for "BIPOLAR", and I assume that LN could mean Nichicon LN (I will check that as soon as I receive the device), but I could be wrong.

Do you know what "(LN)" stand for ?

Is there a type of "most appropriate replacement" , or should I just use a good cap, such as ELNA Silmic II or Nichicon KZ/FG ?

Thanks

Use Nichicon UKL Low Leakage Current which is a modern replacement for the older orange LN type polarized electrolytic capacitors.

The UKL has 15x less leakage current than regular or audio-grade electrolytic capacitors.

If the value is 2u2 or less, you can use stacked polyester instead if you can fit it. Polyester has essentially zero leakage current compared to the UKL.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.