Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Need Comment For Mundorf M-Lytic AG caps
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2015, 06:23 AM   #21
analog_sa is offline analog_sa  Europe
diyAudio Member

M-lytics have been my favoutite ps caps for a long time. In tube PS i have a small preference for the old black Cerafines but can easily live with the M-lytics. In preference to any other electrolytic or film cap.

Are they better than Rifa 169? Difficult question, they are just different. To compare them to any Sprague cap is ridiculous.

As much as i like them, i have to acknowledge others don't always agree. Some find them cold, mechanical and lacking at the reproduction of voices.
Old 19th October 2018, 09:11 PM   #22
SteveSun is offline SteveSun  United States
diyAudio Member

Well, I think you should know that the probably “most expansive” high-end amps from FM Acoustics are using Nichicon VX/VR... Please use “appropriate” capacitor in different parts of the circuit.

Low ESR, high ripple current type caps in power supply, and (as mentioned by other people) make sure that all stages are properly “decoupled” before playing with expansive capacitors. That is, optimize the design before playing with “audiophile” parts.

My two sents...
Old 25th August 2019, 09:25 PM   #23
limbik 5 is offline limbik 5  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default Mlytic HC

going with the HC means the best Cap you can buy atm. I compared so many high end caps. There is nothing like the HC around. Its not bright, its perfect. It will give you a improvement in bass e.g no other cap will do. Thumps up for that masterpiece.

Regards

Sunny
Old 27th August 2019, 08:13 PM   #24
Bare is offline Bare  Canada
diyAudio Member

No-One seems to mention exactly Where/ What purpose of these caps?
Presumably a PS Cap bank?
Good luck with audible differences there. Certainly so when already using Decent quality ones.
Well into Faith based improvements IMO.
Besides IF grasping at straws then a Multiple array of Lower Uf caps is claimed to do better than a single or few larger ones.

Need Comment For Mundorf M-Lytic AG capsHide this!Advertise here!