Need Comment For Mundorf M-Lytic AG caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
M-lytics have been my favoutite ps caps for a long time. In tube PS i have a small preference for the old black Cerafines but can easily live with the M-lytics. In preference to any other electrolytic or film cap.

Are they better than Rifa 169? Difficult question, they are just different. To compare them to any Sprague cap is ridiculous.

As much as i like them, i have to acknowledge others don't always agree. Some find them cold, mechanical and lacking at the reproduction of voices.

Well, I think you should know that the probably “most expansive” high-end amps from FM Acoustics are using Nichicon VX/VR... Please use “appropriate” capacitor in different parts of the circuit.

Low ESR, high ripple current type caps in power supply, and (as mentioned by other people) make sure that all stages are properly “decoupled” before playing with expansive capacitors. That is, optimize the design before playing with “audiophile” parts.

My two sents...

No-One seems to mention exactly Where/ What purpose of these caps?
Presumably a PS Cap bank?
Good luck with audible differences there. Certainly so when already using Decent quality ones.
Well into Faith based improvements IMO.
Besides IF grasping at straws then a Multiple array of Lower Uf caps is claimed to do better than a single or few larger ones.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.