Mid range cabinet built

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and in covid times we don't have to worry about whether the audience is loud and rowdy which in my estimation is one of the biggest reasons concert volume gets ludicrous....

the Beatles at Shea was the watershed moment from where concert Spl levels started to go up.

people en masse are both absorption and a noise source....i guess i miss being at FOH in sweaty sea of people

Dunno. 85dBC-slow (around 103dBC peak, when you look at the crest factor of that bit of music) is definitely a "raise your voice to talk to the person next to you" level, but if you put 3000 people on the grass and got them all to scream then it would probably make the PA look pretty quiet.

Then again, though, expecting concert SPLs (where you can feel the bass) for 3000 people with that system is a big stretch. It'd probably cope okay with lighter acoustic music.

I more show that video as a demonstration of what can be done with modern drivers and plenty of power. Big sounds out of smallish boxes.

Chris

Joined 2007
Paid Member
New DIY Mid High (90deg) - AKA PM90 | Sound Forums
register for this forum and then its post 180 onwards of the thread

Subs I would go with 6th order bandpass boxes if you have the space and can handle load in/out:
skhorn = double 21"
skram = single 21"
ckram = single 21" compact (this is more like a reflex box than a 6th order bandpass as the front cover is only giving output gain in the upper range).
Bass Projects - Data-Bass Forums

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.