Your favorite live rock CD?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The name sounds vaguely familiar...

DTH were (and it would seem still are) a german punk band originally from Dusseldorf IIRC. I think they first released albums around 1984 and i first heard about them when I was on student exchange in Erlangen (15K north from Nuremburg) in 1988/1989.

Missed seeing them live by 2 weeks :-( Still sad.

Wnet to Gernamy having never listended to anything much harder than Back in Black by ACDC (but normally not harder than dire Straits or Pink Floyd) and came home with this and 2 of their other albums in my luggage. A few school friends were more than a little suprised.

In 1997 i think it was they were touring with the Vans Warped tour around the states and even down here. Missed them again!

One day...

Most toten hosen is in German,

They did a good album of covers (with guest guitarists/vocalists from the original bands) called "Learning English"

Big list of major players there, Sham 69, Chelsea, Adverts, Lurkers, Boys, Ramones, UK subs, 999, Flys, Vibrators, Rockafellas, Radio Stars, Damned, Heartbreakers, Wreckless Eric and Ronnie Biggs.

Bis Zum Bitteren Ende is a great live album that I love and "Kleines Bischen Horroshau" (a concept album based on A Clockwork Orange if you can believe that!) is great too.

Being on the south side of the pond i haven't kept up with many of their post 1990 releases but from all reports they still kick it pretty well.

As Punk ballads go, "Wort Zum Sonntag" (The Sunday Sermon?) is to drown in, I'll always love it.

For speed, "Opel Gang" and "Keine Ahnung" (No Idea) are fabulous and as drug addiction goes, "Mehr Davon" beats Metallica's "Master of Puppets" which is a tall order in my book.

Oh, and as a pisstake of the whole Punk scene, "Punk Was" with Ronnie Biggs is a killer. Best chorous ever in a Punk song.

Drew

I was astounded that having inflicted Load and ReLoad on us, they didn't do an MTV set called UnLoad.

I also thought that given they were playing with a symphony orchestra they could at least have had the decency to call S&M "Soloed".

Twas a sad day when the boys met Bob Rock if you ask me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.