Contemporary Blues

PSA, thanks for those……as a big fan of Samantha Fish I gotta say that one was rather disappointing, seemed forced,like she’s trying a more mainstream style but it doesn’t agree with her…..idk something ain’t jiving there.
Love Joannes vocals, and Larkin Poe what’s not to like! That was awesomeness at its finest!

e3k, I’m sure that would make him feel better :D

Here’s one I just came across, Janky is still keepin it raw! Let'r Go - YouTube

Came across one of those long lost songs, you know the ones you heard and loved but then disappeared? In this case it’s ‘them shoes’ by Patrick Sweany, there’s a interesting interview that conveys a positive spin about the effects of music streaming on the artist (awesome acoustic version of ‘them shoes’ at the end) even if it is riding the coattails of Dan Auerbach……I think it deserves recognition anyhow you look at it! :cool:

Patrick Sweany: Them Shoes (Last.fm Sessions) - YouTube

Dan Auerbach is quite amazing! Here’s a album project he did with Tony Joe Whites son that pulls never before heard vocal/guitar tracks from tapes stashed away by Tony over the years and then adding a full band to it!

Tony Joe White - "Boot Money" [Official Video] - YouTube

I don’t know if you’ll be able to see the attached screenshot that explains things….there might be more about it on the net.

Attachments

• B265A01C-A837-475A-8FBA-1B43C1AB5378.png
    B265A01C-A837-475A-8FBA-1B43C1AB5378.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Last edited:
Probably nothing harder than weed.

Back in the early 80s he was one third of the Sugar Hill Records House band so if back then you heard Grandmaster Flash's The Message or White Lines you've heard him and the guys he is still very frequently playing with: Doug Wimbish (bass) and Keith LeBlanc (drums). At the end of the 80s they all moved to London to play with reggae/industrial producer extraordinaire Adrian Sherwood and were joined by Rolling Stones backing vocalist Bernard Fowler in a band called Tackhead.