Contemporary Blues

That’s a nice track from She keeps bees, and I agree the album cut is much more refined…..live was just a little too raw.

Ethiopian jazz doesn’t seem to excite me……I tried! ;)

When I was watching the ‘Gimmie’ video there was a RL Burnside track in the que and checked it out, glad I did. Someday Baby - YouTube

The rappin blues is done by ‘Lyrics Born’ a Japanese-American rapper! Kindly slick in my opinion :cool:

There was a bit of controversy over the making of this album but it seems it’s success overcame any issues!
A Bothered Mind - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Don't know if you guys would agree, though lot's of musicians can play blues but there's only a handful whose really got the chops in them to really dig in & bring out the essence of really good blues. Off course who am I to comment cause all I know is listening can't play any instruments. Lol

Hi Mountainman, kind of hard to find present generation musicians who can get that feel when playing blues, kind of like classical conductors, not many present day conductors can make us feel like Reiner or Stokowski etc. Think its got to do with time & musical environment.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Don't know if you guys would agree, though lot's of musicians can play blues but there's only a handful whose really got the chops in them to really dig in & bring out the essence of really good blues. Off course who am I to comment cause all I know is listening can't play any instruments. Lol

Look at this : Rachid Taha " Ya Rayah " Angouléme, Le 19 mai 2007 - YouTube
the vide o is cleaner but with less soul, but good enough cause simplier : Rachid Taha - Ya Rayah - YouTube

Despite the sort of light in this song, it is trully in the lyrics an emigrant song blues ! -that makes the Blues compatible with all cultures-

I like the deep soul here, it's a North Africa classic- Ya Rayah- modernized and here a little on the smoking side by Rachid Taha a rock performer with North African code but European scene (RIP) ... there were many fusion with North Africa music and western, not the last is by Robert Plant.

Last edited: