Scan speak 21W/8555-00 or 21W/8555-01

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been building a duplicate of the Geer eVeII cabinet for the bass driver which will be a closed box.

One thing I am not sure it that should I use the 01 or 00 version. In his website, he uses the 01 version which is supposedly for the ported enclosure.

The cabinet I am building is a closed one with about 56 litter but taken into account braces and other things it will be around 50 litters.

Should I go for the 01 or 00 version? I prefer tight bass over extension.

Mine eVe II

Hi, i made the eVe's by my self. I made it with the 00 version. Did you already made the eVe's ??

here is a link of the building process. It's a bit old becouse i modificate the eVe a little bit with the High-end tweeter from Scan Speak ( 2904-70000 )

see here for some building process of scan speak:
My home page

And this is the eVe II now:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

hi, my current project uses a 8555-01 in a 35 liter sealed enclosure, might be better in a slightly larger box but cant make the speaker any larger or it wont fit in my room! A Q of 0.7 is meant to be 21 liters so should be ok, certianly i built a 21 liter enclosure and there was a very slight difference in sound but was very, very subtle, with the larger box being slightly tighter.

The 01 works fine in a sealed box, sounds nice and tight and goes suprizingly deep- although it models as only going down to -3dB at 55 Hz, theres good output right down to the mid 30's so deepness shouldnt be a problem either :)

Re: Mine eVe II

fireman1 said:
Hi, i made the eVe's by my self. I made it with the 00 version. Did you already made the eVe's ??

here is a link of the building process. It's a bit old becouse i modificate the eVe a little bit with the High-end tweeter from Scan Speak ( 2904-70000 )

see here for some building process of scan speak:
My home page

And this is the eVe II now:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Well, I actually almost done with the cabinet but after not able to get any response from the designer of the speaker, I decided to build Troels AcapellaSe instead. I very much enjoy the AcapellaSe and I thought the Seas Excel drivers sound terrific.

How do you like your eVe II?

Re: Re: Mine eVe II

andy2 said:

Well, I actually almost done with the cabinet but after not able to get any response from the designer of the speaker, I decided to build Troels AcapellaSe instead. I very much enjoy the AcapellaSe and I thought the Seas Excel drivers sound terrific.

How do you like your eVe II?

The AcapellaSe is not familier to me. Do you have a PIC or link?

The eVe II is realy great. In al nuances. high/mid/lower. It is very musical and it match with my naim setup.

This speaker is very strong and powerfull when you pump up the volume.

Apitty that Edgar didn't react. When i mail him it took also a view days or weeks before he give a reaction.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.