Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Wavecor driver question
Wavecor driver question
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th November 2020, 03:41 PM   #31
diyiggy is offline diyiggy
Sin Bin

Thanks OlSG, I am going to purchase them so... I lurked the DA25TX, but the large face plate is a no go for my project : I want a C2C whithin 10 cm, hard to do better than 1/2 wave length at 3000 hz cut off.

Sorry guys for the off topic.

Interresting testimonial bravani about the price in Indonesia between the two brands... Is there many loudspeakers assembly factories there ? Or maybe a local strategy from Wavecore against SB for the pro purchasers ???
Old 25th November 2020, 03:47 PM   #32
oldspkrguy is offline oldspkrguy  United States
diyAudio Member

Well, I wonder if anyone ever did a direct comparison of these to the very similar Scans???

Back on topic; Which Wavecor tweeters have people tried and had good results? I have another possible project coming and am looking to maybe a Wavecor 2-way in the medium price range (not highest end, not budget, about half way in the Wavecor line up of smaller mid-bass and tweeter).

Thanks!
Old 25th November 2020, 05:50 PM   #33
Sin Bin

Sure, according good doctor iggy :

Wavecor WF223BD02 : around 20/25 liters sealed full foamed inside la Harbeth , QTC around 0.62 ; F3 around <60hz; F8 <35 hz : bookshelf type near the walls! It is said the datasheet of the wavecores are acccurate enough but I don't know, maye try to read AudioXpress reviews.

tweeter, not a wavecore or the horned one for the fun, if not horned the Peereless Corundum DA25TX, cut-off between 1500 hz/2000 hz

Filter : your choice ... why not la Proac : referenced to the negative rail so both driver out of polarity , second order for the woof, third order for the tweeter (bessel?)

Last edited by diyiggy; 25th November 2020 at 05:55 PM.
Old 26th November 2020, 10:22 AM   #34
Bravani20 is offline Bravani20
diyAudio Member

Hello diyiggy, I've mention on the earlier post. Many wavecor dealers here are suffering poor decline in sales, made worse by the pandemic state. So that they have to clear the inventory by giving heavy discount in order to survive. Some of them even clearing out because they just want to close their business. If they were not on sale, the wavecor drivers Are on par with the satoris. For a bit of reference, the satori mw16p here is IDR 5,000,000 For a pair. Roughly in the usd $300 ballpark.

I remember last year seeing the price label on the wavecor bd182 at $280 pair and complained about it. I thought the price is just ridiculous, you could get the satori for a couple of dollar more.

Last edited by Bravani20; 26th November 2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 26th November 2020, 12:49 PM   #35
Sin Bin

Sad to hear that...
  Reply to this post

Wavecor driver questionHide this!Advertise here!