Kartesian Acoustic

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
For instance I see a lot of blabla on the site. Will wait THLP has them in stock for real... I surmise it's a Audiotechnology business model but with outsourced asian assembly units.

But I don't know, there are several makers in France yet as Davis, PHL, Focal for the high end drivers line and some more confidential but still real & kicking : Triangle, Athom, Audax, HMS, Fertin, etc... So that means suppliers still exist in several domains of what is needed for a driver.

Let's wait and seeeeeeeee.

Buying from TLHP i've noticed that less popular drivers they don't stock. When there are enough orders, then they order larger quantity with just a few left in stock. It is a little slower to get drivers that way but at much better price than anywhere else.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I've asked tlhp by email if they will offer Peerless DA25TX tweeter and few months later they threw them in. If anyone have some specs for Kartesian drivers, maybe we could ask to make them available also.

Hi Zvu, I asked them for that tweeter as well and then they have put it on line on their catalog with 66 days which is an average delay for the non stocked unit (can be very less time as with the Faital HF1440 for illustration.) Now they seem to have purchased few units...

They don't always answer to questions. I asked a datasheet for an Audax driver a month ago and never had answer and I'm a customer ! Made me think to a little village behavior surounded by romans :D !

But when they stock the online stock avertment is reliable and each time I ordered it was shipped less than 24 hours after the click...

That's why I suggest to wait fr they have few units in stock from Kaiser. I think this is a design office with outsourced assembly, seing at the very low capital , I can be wrong because it it doesn't say all. This society was registred in march, so very young.

You had me ! I planed to be the first to talk about it here ! I discovered them in september in tlhp catalog, I started the 6 nov discussion about it on another forum, but in french, with the participation of kartesian after contacting them by email : <<HP Kartesian dispo, qui connait !?>> - 30109280 - sur le forum <<Enceintes>> - 1464 - du site Homecinema-fr.com
I've ordered a Wom120_vMS and a little comp Cmp25_vHP-H. He seems to know what he's doing. That's impressive, all the technic used in his small but yet varied catalog. We talked a bit by email too, (receive one answer today-in french) but their youtube channel will be their first communication channel. Let's see how it's turn out, it's not really new company, but he offers now his products to public, and is distributed by tlhp.
They did a interesting radial neo underhung 15" in the past : KLINGER FAVRE Audio: En developpement: Studio 38

As soon as received, i'll review drivers.

Since i'm french, it's easy to contact tlhp by phone to me. They're serious. I've often ordered them. I was waiting for price list to appear to order. You need a account to see prices. I find Kartesian prices really interesting for what it is.

I just regret to be 720 kilometers away (it's a lot for a french ^^)

Last edited:
Buying from TLHP i've noticed that less popular drivers they don't stock. When there are enough orders, then they order larger quantity with just a few left in stock. It is a little slower to get drivers that way but at much better price than anywhere else.
And you can order them too drivers not in tlhp catalog. That's how i got a oberton 12nsw600 -after few month- :)

For instance I see a lot of blabla on the site.
Can you precise where ? Of course, they've named some stuffs, but that is yet not that hard to understand what is achieved, moreover looking at all the motor photos. They show distortion mesurements and klippel. They worked with Kling Fabre, and still produce OEM tweeter for some companies.

Will wait THLP has them in stock for real...
Not sure if that is how it'll work. Delays showed on TLHP site for kartesian drivers are 25 to 48 days. I feel TLHP will order not by that much big number for this new brand. TLHP use a lot of different kind of delivery delay. Special orders will only be needed for drivers that are not on TLHP site.

This society was registred in march, so very young.
One adress, one register. It only mean that the headquarter is new at this adress. Doesn't mean anything on links between all the registered entities involved. I work for the french national entity (Insee) that maintain this database (sirene) and have played more than i would like to try to find links between societies, that is really not something as simple as a google search, you can trust me ;)

Last edited:
I've been considering Oberton as well for a project. That's how I stumbled upon Kartesian on TLHP. Didn't pay much attention at first but they caught my eye the second time around.

I also follow some discussions on HCFR through google translate...maybe I have too much free time :eek:

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I am looking forward to your woofer review.
If they work for Klinger Favre that are known for good venues loudspeakers there is no doubt there is a savoir-faire.
Hope they will adopt a better marketing though...if oem is often the core market, I don't think you can loose the diy market as PHL, Davis Acoustic that have poor information.... the professional target clame becomes often problematic...
Good luck to them, hope they sucess and make a lot of good DesKartes clips, Kar drivers as well and they kare for enthusiasts either :)

Curious about the blabla of the cone material...sounds a little snake oil without more information...

I asked about the cone material. He didn't detailled that much, but still enought. i thinks it's probable about use of preg composite vaccumed instead of doped fibers, and for hexacone paper cone, i suspect a treatment based on impregnating expoxy on back hexagonal relief. That would make sense. Wait and see, he'll maybe come here too. I've mentionned this thread on their youtube channel.
The most interesting part for me are stuff like T-pole, extended pole piece, copper cap, demodulation ring. You don't really need to see it when a ferrite driver got flat inductance klippel curve with excursion, you know the job has been done well :). Revert surround is interesting with wom120, for my use, invert surround is pretty interesting too. Progressive spider is not that new. But i think it's all just a sign (from what he explained by email) that they use their own process, so it's maybe not just a assembler. Maybe is it just a really ambitious production project from start. I'm maybe wrong.

Last edited:
Hi,

I had the chance to meet the owner and to see his products in reality at the beginning of this year, just before Covid-19 attempted to change the world a little bit. The owner certainly knows what he´s doing, and I wouldn´t blame him for not giving away every little detail of his designs...
Build quality is top notch and on par with well-known drivers of similar origin (designed in Europe, made in China). Very beautiful drivers.

All the best

Mattes

I meant that the owner didn't mount the production, the catalog...Etc in few month on it own. When a society is registred, at first, it's only to support a physical adress needed for commercial declarations once pre-production steps are alredy passed (with partners, even without registered entitie), and production is near to be ready. Nowday society are more and more screens. Production, support, engineering, marketing is dispatched. Here it seems we got the engineering at headquarters, and some production for specific orders only.

Last edited:
Kartesian just answered something really interesting in term of quality level, pointing on their xmax standard "For Kartesian standard, linear excursion is the membrane movement where the force factor Bl(X), the compliance Cms(X) and the inductance Le(X) keep 80% of their nominal value."
So, for those who are used to xmax calcul, this is a steep further in term of quality standard, since even xvar from b&c is only set at 50 % from those nominal values. Wich mean that either, Kartesian xmax value is really conservative, or they did huge work to keep at the same time force factor, compliance, and inductance tight.
It's from here : "https://www.toutlehautparleur.com/media/catalog/product/datasheet/kartesian/Kartesian_notice.pdf"
This put a big pressure on engineering, and harder time for customer to compare datas between brand. Still, kartesian gives at a same time with this standard a more robust measurement than what other brand usually gives wich doesn't insure at all global linear excursion range.
Audioexpress testbench gives a bunch of example where one can see that there's not that much drivers well behaving for those 3 charateristics at the same time.

Edit, new video in french : Produits Kartesian bientot chez TLHP ! - YouTube He said to ask question on their youtube channel, and that each month he'll do a video to answer. Good idea i think :)

Last edited: