Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Can compression drivers sound "high end" home fi ? Vortex 15 ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th May 2020, 08:09 PM   #41
Brinkman is online now Brinkman  United States
diyAudio Member

I was set on buying a pair of these kits until work got in the way of funds. Then, upon hearing about Jeff Bagby’s untimely passing impulsively purchased the Helix dome MTM kit. Still assembling them but I still have the Vortex in mind for future use.
Old 6th May 2020, 08:22 PM   #42
Samps is offline Samps
diyAudio Member

You may be able to reduce that hump in the upper bass by tuning the cabs lower. 65hz is pretty high. 40-45 hz might flatten things out.
Old 11th May 2020, 02:35 PM   #43
powderfinger is offline powderfinger
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samps View Post
You may be able to reduce that hump in the upper bass by tuning the cabs lower. 65hz is pretty high. 40-45 hz might flatten things out.
That's a good idea - next time I place a Parts Express order I'll grab a new set of ports and try it out.

Anyway, I finished my build over the weekend. Very happy with how these came out overall. They sound great.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11th May 2020, 02:59 PM   #44
mlee is offline mlee  Canada
diyAudio Member

Those look very nice!!!
Old 29th June 2020, 06:30 PM   #45
jdubs is offline jdubs  United States
diyAudio Member

Any updates on folks re: their experiences with these? I'm very close to ordering the Vortex-15's.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 30th June 2020, 03:06 AM   #46
Pallas is offline Pallas  Pakistan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderfinger View Post
That's a good idea - next time I place a Parts Express order I'll grab a new set of ports and try it out.

Anyway, I finished my build over the weekend. Very happy with how these came out overall. They sound great.

Click the image to open in full size.

Nice finish!

Can compression drivers sound "high end" home fi ? Vortex 15 ?Hide this!Advertise here!