Suggestion for box volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok but how can the frequency response of a bass reflex be predicted in function of the box volume?

I am frequently amazed that my fellow contributors try and reinvent the wheel. If you go to Troels Gravesen in his prime, you will find he did the SEAS CA18RLY to death! :D

16L or 24L reflex seems to do the bass trick. I have often enough visited the SEAS factory in Moss, Norway to see what these fine people do.

TBH, a driver with a Qts of 0.47 is saying closed box to me, albeit in the measured Vas of 32L. H1217-08 CA18RLY

But if you can accept a slight bass bump for a smaller box reflex, that's OK too. :)

The whole bass thing is explained here:. Arpeggio Loudspeaker - diyAudio.

Last edited:
I am frequently amazed that my fellow contributors try and reinvent the wheel. If you go to Troels Gravesen in his prime, you will find he did the SEAS CA18RLY to death! :D

16L or 24L reflex seems to do the bass trick. I have often enough visited the SEAS factory in Moss, Norway to see what these fine people do.

TBH, a driver with a Qts of 0.47 is saying closed box to me, albeit in the measured Vas of 32L. H1217-08 CA18RLY

But if you can accept a slight bass bump for a smaller box reflex, that's OK too. :)

The whole bass thing is explained here:. Arpeggio Loudspeaker - diyAudio.

very interesting article, thank you!
using 5 cm thick polyurethane panels on each side, does the apparent volume increase or have no influence?

ok but how can the frequency response of a bass reflex be predicted in function of the box volume?

It can't, until you also include driver Vas, Fs, effective Q (Qts + any series resistance in the circuit from wire, connections, series inductors &c.), and the box tuning. Once you've included those: then you can calculate the mathematical anechoic response of a vented box (not the same thing as a traditional bass reflex).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.