Need help! High output 3 or 3.5-way

What is the best configuration to meet the design target?

• 3-way

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 3.5-way

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • don't bother!

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did some research on the SB26STCN-C000-4 tweeter and think it's the best choice so far. The off axis performance and smaller bezel size should really work out! Thanks for the suggestion, LineSource! This puts the sensitivity at 92.5dB which I also think works for the mid and woofers.

I'm struggling with the midrange and woofers.

Midrange: MR16P-4, also 92.5dB - lower power dissipation is noted
There are higher efficiency options from B&C and Faital Pro but I would end up padding them to match the tweeter.

Woofers:
2x SB29NRX75-6 140L vented at 30Hz - just can't beat the compactness of dual 10"s
Visaton woofers that came up in my search. It looks like it could be nice qith 14mm x-max but I can't find much other than the datasheet. Thoughts on how this compares to the SB34NRXL75-8?
TIW 250 XS - 8 Ohm | Visaton

Satori MR16P rear cone photo illustrates the measured ring of glue/silicone used on the MRxx, and also the slightly oval-shape-cut cone used on the MRxx and MWxx to reduce cone resonances and break-up.

The crisp tone of a paper cone with reduced breakup of a plastic cone?

Attachments

• mr16 glue ring.JPG
    mr16 glue ring.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 211
Is the MR16P-4 sensitivity (92.5dB @ 2.83V IB response) high enough keep up with 2x parallel SB29NRX75-6 (94dB @ 2.83V IB response)?

The SS box simulator shows a 32cm wide baffle would drop the IB response by ~5dB to 89dB. That doesn't account for any room gain.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.