Seas T35, Seas W8, SB 42fhc75-6 3 way XO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am changing my mind to go full scan-speak. ..the very best.

Troels Gravensen's ultimate ScanSpeak monitor is probably his

Illuminator Monitor
Copyright 2012-14 © Troels Gravesen

Which uses:
ScanSpeak 18WU/8741-T00
ScanSpeak Revelator D2904/7100-03 Wide Surround, Black Face Plate

Illuminator-Monitor
=======

One option to put on top of your woofer cabinet.

Attachments

• cabinets.jpg
    cabinets.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 196
When I was building my MW19P-4 Satori computer desk monitors, I put together a cost comparison with ScanSpeak drivers which might interest you. 1-Speaker = SB+Satori $292 vs. ScanSpeak $653

If you decide to use a sealed 12" woofer, study this SB_Acoustics design using the SB34NRX75-2 woofer which has T/S parameters well suited for sealed alignments. Modest Efficiency
==========
The capabilities of the woodshop often determine the design selection.

Is there a well reviewed production speaker with a cabinet shape you like and can build?

ebay has low cost ($60) 3-way analog(opamp) crossover PCBs.

Attachments

• Illuminator Monitor Cost.jpg
    Illuminator Monitor Cost.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 206
  • MW19P_4   SB29RDC.jpg
    MW19P_4 SB29RDC.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 174
  • MW19P_4   SB29RDC_4.jpg
    MW19P_4 SB29RDC_4.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Avalon with Sealed 12in.jpg
    Avalon with Sealed 12in.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 177
Hi linesource, no, I am not going to do that.
1. I don't believe in beryllium tweeters, I have the SS 2905 series already and they cannot sound better, so I will get another same revelator pair.

I want to xo in the 400-700 hz my subwoofer in a sealed box of around 150 L and for this I cannot find a better sub than the SSpeaks, this is the most important part for me....

As the revelator 18m it allows me to XO in second order, this is my wish to have little frequency correction and stay away from the 3 order to gain momentum in the bass..

This is a preleminary XO possibility 12db per octave from the datasheets, just an idea...

625 hz and 2500hz XO:

Attachments

• preliminary dxo file.dxo
    13.6 KB · Views: 23
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.