Some speaker driver measurements...

Now here are some new SEAS drivers, and especially the tweeter (27TAC/GB) would be really interesting to see the distortion measurements.

F_Seas_Prestige_loudspeaker_tweeter_H1825-06_27TAC_GB.jpg

The woofer (L16RNX3) is using a 28L cab (VAS19L) which is close to Qtc 0.5 and in my opinion over damped. The dotted line is their calculated infinite baffle and hopefully much closer to Qtc 0.707-0.8. If so, then it is a good competition to Wavecor SW182BD03/04. Looks promising as woofer(s) in a 3/4-way system and below 500Hz.

F_Seas_Prestige_loudspeaker_woofer__H1869_L16RNX3.jpg

Prestige Titan Launch
I asked them to give me some drivers on testing and reviewing but they didn't want...

That accuton 6" seems pretty nice except for that 3k peak- it seems controllable but lower in freq than I'd be comfortable with with most domes. If I ran the 6" to 1k and had a dedicated 2-3" midtweeter and a tweeter/supertweeter above that (4kish XO) I'd be more comfortable. With a significant 3k resonance that says more "low mid" to me.

Last edited:
The data for speakers Silver Flute W14RC25-04, Tang Band 28-1177SB, W4-1337SD, Sonido SWR200-8 have been updated (waterfall, step response and ETC only):

Silver Flute W14RC25-04 | HiFiCompass
TangBand 28-1177SB | HiFiCompass
TangBand W4-1337SD | HiFiCompass
Sonido SWR200-8 ALNICO | HiFiCompass

The measurements for speakers Accuton C90-6-078 and Tang Band 75-1558SE have been fully updated:

Accuton C90-6-078 | HiFiCompass
https://hificompass.com/en/speakers/measurements/tb-speakers/tangband-75-1558se

Thanks! Really appreciate your work.
I am now hesitating betwen building my own 3 way (10inch sbacoustics; mw16p; tw29rn) or just buy something like Fyne f501 or f502. I think I would be scared to see how they measure. Maybe you have those close by? By the way, do you plan on measuring some loudspeakers from the market, like Fyne, Polk Audio, monitor audio etc? Would be great to see how much better diy can go.

Thanks! Really appreciate your work.
I am now hesitating betwen building my own 3 way (10inch sbacoustics; mw16p; tw29rn) or just buy something like Fyne f501 or f502. I think I would be scared to see how they measure. Maybe you have those close by? By the way, do you plan on measuring some loudspeakers from the market, like Fyne, Polk Audio, monitor audio etc? Would be great to see how much better diy can go.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the Fyne, Polk Audio and Monitor Audio speakers and do not plan to measure them in the near future:(
But I think if you go to build speakers with SB Acoustics drivers you will be happy:)

No problem. Just asking :)
By the way, in some of your measurements, i see some haemonics in thd measurements not increasing as the voltage increases, especially 3rd and above, while way above the noise floor. This is odd, do you think that the measurement has some issues, or that this really reflects the driver behavior?

No problem. Just asking :)
By the way, in some of your measurements, i see some haemonics in thd measurements not increasing as the voltage increases, especially 3rd and above, while way above the noise floor. This is odd, do you think that the measurement has some issues, or that this really reflects the driver behavior?
I know that and it particularly the case for SBA drivers. It is not a mistake but the real behavior. I checked it with another measurement method.