thoughts on small woofer for 3-way?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mondo, where are you living? The Monacor MSH 116/4 is classified under "midrange"!

What does my locale have to do with anything?

Perhaps I got confused by numbers...

Yes I did.

I meant Monacor MSH 115HQ

Oops. Nope that's a mid too. Now I'm lost. Hahaha

Forget I said anything.

Whatever driver is preferred, in the end, is going to need some serious BSC (and extra efficiency to allow it) with such a narrow baffle.

Would any of the micro sub drivers manage this? Without needing like 4 of them to get the efficiency up?

Though I do have the cheapo Monacor SP60 4" woofers. With a high Qts and Fs in the 80s, I'd imagine a max flat alignment could get F3 down to 60Hz or so.

I suppose theres always some small Jordans that reach low and are small enough.

But isnt that a little bit of a travesty?

Last edited:
I challenge you to find a midrange appropriate for the design, so no more than 3", that exhibits more than 85 dB and stands about 30 W power...

Oh well, Mondo means Earth, so the web is your place
:fim:

Um theres a flag on my posts, much like yours.
I know what your flag represents, so either you're ignorant of my national flag, or you're a troll.

Look at the diameter of the cone, not the basket
:rolleyes:

The basket size is probably the most important dimension, when your baffle width is limited to 5"....

re:'some serious BSC' - that's why I went push-push with the SB13PFCs
re:'no more than 3", that exhibits more than 85 dB and stands about 30 W power.' - used the Vifa TG9,... but it can only handle 10W... hopefully it's crossed over high enough (900Hz) that it can handle some LOUD testing.... yet to do this...
I did buy a couple of Polyswitches just in case, yet to fit them

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.