Cloning Spatial Audio M4 OB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I cloned the Emerald Physics speakers years ago and it looks like cloning the M4 might be even easier.

Clayton appears to be using 2 Eminence Beta-12CX 12-inch coax drivers. The top driver includes the P.AUDIO BM-D440S compression driver crossed at 800 Hz.

However, it is not clear what xover is used. From some pictures/videos, the passive xover is very simple with very few parts. No way he can be using first order so I suspect second order. But 800 Hz second order is pretty low even for a pro compression driver.

One could always just go 4th order active I suppose.

Has anyone tested this speaker or tried to clone it?

Hi, that's very good looking speakers and I don't blame you wanting it cloned. Still, the bass otput of a Qts =0,48 unit in an OB won't be spectacular and will roll off early without active EQ. If I were to do it, I'd consider building a vented box version with one beta 12cx driver and a solid compression driver, put in about 4 cuft and match the aesthetics to Spatial product. The crossover shuld not be a problem if you apply the usual design rules that have been discussed here thousand times. Without measurement there is no point to build anything, imo.

Attachments

• Spatial theme.png
    Spatial theme.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 421
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.