Anarchy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Something is brewing....:bulb:

Attachments

• Anarchy.JPG
    Anarchy.JPG
    300 KB · Views: 682
The plan is to build a mtmmm in a 48" high box with a center dividing into two chambers.

The second pic is a old box cut-down to 42liters (equals one chamber) so I can check the tuning. The two vents are 9" wide x 3/4" high x 11" deep, which had surprisingly good for a first try.

The two peaks were within .5 volts: 5V @ 30hz and 5.5v @ 65hz.
Valley - <1 volt @ 40hz.

There was a little chuffing in the 30's, (I didn't think it was bad).

During a sweep the bass was much louder around 55hz.

The box is screwed and taped and be modified quickly - can try different "ports", but if I go longer, the chuffing may get worse. Also, getting close to the back of the box.

Attachments

• 4 x 7.jpg
    4 x 7.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 356
  • July 30th.jpg
    July 30th.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 347
Doug you can put an L shape to the slot ports to get more length if needed.

It's a 2.5 way, the wtwww terminology isnt really important.

It's a 2.5 way only if it's an MTMWW. If it's the MTMMM he described, it's a 2 way. The terminology is important, if you want people to understand your posts. I made the assumption, but you know what happens when you assume!

It's a 2.5 way only if it's an MTMWW. If it's the MTMMM he described, it's a 2 way. The terminology is important, if you want people to understand your posts. I made the assumption, but you know what happens when you assume!

An MTMWW is a three way, and MTMMM is a 2.5 way and an MTM is a two way anyway you look at it. The difference is in drivers choosen. If they all are the same drivers them eg MTMMM it is a 2.5 way by virture of the drivers (all the same) utilizing the lower two for (partially) correcting baffle step loss. When MTMWW you cannot use the WW for baffle step loss corection without also inducing a phase shift which impacts how they merge negatively in the 100-500 range. This is mainly due to the difference in mechanical characteristics eg Mms Rms Qms etc. So instead we cross isolated from each other resulting in a three way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.