Anarchy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think the biggest problem is in how we define what is a sub, a woofer, and a midbass. A midbass has light cone vs typical subs being quite heavy, with woofers somewhere in between. But yet there is a second qualifier, range. A midbass can be a sub, or a woofer, but a sub or a woofer can never be a midbass due to their limited bandwidth aka high end extension.

So the speakers are MTM(MM) then? Right?

But is that right, shouldn't it be WTW(WW)?

I think that depends on the drivers.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

But doesn't the "W" or "M" depend on the presence or absents of a Midrange driver? We use "W" for WMT (Woofer, Mid-Range, Tweeter), but we use "M" for Mid-Bass when there is no midrange. Given that this is a 2-way or 2.5-way, the proper designation, at least for me, is "MTM(MM)". The parenthesis implying the half-way aspect; an MTM augmented with an additional (MM).

Can you tell us what the drivers are? I don't believe I saw that anywhere.

And you are calling them "Anarchy" or was that more metaphorical.

Will you use a special connector between the cabinets?

Will each cabinet contain its own relevant crossover?

Just curious.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:
Total Anarchy - :D

Sorry BW for the lack of detail, the Exodus Anarchy page went down, although the measurements are off anyway. I did grab some screen shots the day they were ordered. I read where Zaph did some measurements.

One reason I'm floundering with the test box, need to move the Fs down 10hz from where I am now.

Fabricating to the 48" width of the sheet, one double chamber box, 48" tall, depth is TBD and what I'm working on. If they end up being 15" deep, that would make things easier. Port now is 9" wide x 3/4" high x 11" deep.

Back up plan - been toying around with a idea about adding wedges to a port, which will add "flare" to them (cut circles and run them thought the saw). Of course that would lower the tuning and can fine tune.

[I think the speakers will be re-made someday]

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 303
  • Total Anarchy.jpg
    Total Anarchy.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 299
  • Anarchy Carboard.jpg
    Anarchy Carboard.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 239
  • July 21st.jpg
    July 21st.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Add Flares.jpg
    Add Flares.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 236
Greenbster...past the point of no return...all xo parts, speakers, already here.

okay...a slight delay, but back on track now.

Glad I had the test box, would have been sunk without that.

Here's the layout,(which is only 1/2 the box) I expect the tuning to be 35hz in a 40liter box.

Attachments

• 2408.jpg
    2408.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Slot ports are great handles.

Pic for the build thread - been using side to "hold" pieces in place while glue sets up, e.g. the side here will lift off.
To much to glue all at one time and don't use nails so just piecing them together.

I have a pair of subs about the same size, won't that be a odd look (single fold T-TQWTs).

Attachments

• DSC03189.JPG
    DSC03189.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 309
  • Subs.JPG
    Subs.JPG
    968.7 KB · Views: 313
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.