System Pictures & Description

here is my final product the vifa and the peerless with the new xover,and new box.1"mdf, finished with cherry.42.5" high

Attachments

• system 001.low.jpg
    system 001.low.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 3,159
Hehe, now as I chipped in with a bad joke I'd better get on topic and give my current system:

Marantz CD63ki (more mods than ever, now using OPA627bp in I/V :cloud9: )

Chord i/c, some kind of silver thing (coloured)

Rod Elliot kit preamp, currently with carbon pot and LM6172 (detailed and gutsy, but I'm not sure about these babies yet!) socketed bypassed with 47uF Panasonic FC, LCR polyprop. dc blocking caps

Kimber Crystal Cu. i/c

LM3886, dual mono, mostly from app. notes, 13,000uF w/snubber per channel, mdf chassis, wired p-p (low power prototype, but it's quite good!)

Kimber 4pr and 4vs cabling (people who don't think cabling makes audible differences need to hear Kimber!)

Seas MTM 2-way using noferro 900 tweet and 2x w17ppi doped paper mid/bass 6.5", outboard x-overs - 5khz 1st (midbass) and 2nd order (tweet)

Tempest, 15" sub, near-EBS alignment ported, from 45hz and below

Flexy-rack, care paid to mains eg. modded Belkin strip, isolations txs, parallel filter with 10uF

It's quite good now (often realistic), but in my new room I need a little more diffusion..... I intend to add additional bass drivers and actively cross over between the mid-top and bass, but I'll need another amp and stuff

okay check it out.. looking to upgrade in the near future (of course) but i'm pretty impressed with my first crack at a diy-ish or at least custom system.

Carver ct17 preamp
carver tfm-15 amp
sony dvp series dvd
jvc l-f210 phono
drivers are pyle ppa15 dipole woofers coupled with ciare ch250+M's in an non parallel h-frame.

each pair of subs are driven by their own plate amps and the whole system is unequalized ;(

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
My current system:

Source: computer, M-Audio Revolution sound card

Amps: Yamaha RX-V795 for the almost-full-range units and a Behringer A500 stereo amp for the bass parts

Filters: a renewed linkwitz transform circuit & bessel filter (@200Hz) for the bass parts, 120 + 90 Hz high-pass (soundcard+amp) for the full ranges (natural roll-off after 200Hz)

Speakers: five small 0,15 litre :D aluminium satellites using 33mm wide-range units, bass parts use Tang Band 6,5" W6-1139SG long-stroke high-loss surround woofers in 3,2 L cabinets made of mdf and a weird flower pot :). Qt is around 0,55...0,6.

Sound: some oddities because of the high crossover frequency, for example human voice from the center speaker sounds somewhat thin when watching 5.1 movies.. But overall, the "subs" and satellites integrate well, particularly now with the new filter (the sub crossover was 250Hz earlier) :smash:. Bass punch is quite amazing considering the cabinet size :yummy:

Satellite + sub backview

Tang Band "sub"

original size system pic

rear satellite