Wilson Audio Sasha Drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It looked more like particle board. Their marketing specifically said not MDF, so it's probably high density fiberboard. One of their marketing documents indicated an acrylic with the same chemicals as corian counter-top material, but this is nowhere near as nice as corian. Basically it's some cheap saw dust and glue board.......... Ikea LOL

That's what Mr. Wilson and his Ferrari dealer need you to believe.

Take a standard driver and have it spec'd to your requirements ... many bands (claim to) do it .... it's nothing new, so what's not to believe!

For me the question is: what is it about Wilson Audio (apart from bragging rights) that makes one think it will fit one's particular requirements and is in anyway acoustically superior in all and any situation including one's own? IMO most audiophiles allow the tail to wag the dog!

The other issue I have with other commercial products that I know one can produce with one's own bare hands is; what are you really paying for? Acoustic superiority or for some retailer to receive their 20, 30, 40% cut and all the while adding absolutely nothing sonically in exchange for handing over ones hard earned, as to actually throwing near 50% of your money down the drain? I wish all Wilson Audio and many other owners of such costly products all the best with that!

Thirdly, if one wants to believe that Wilson and other high-end brands are the only people in the entire world that can produce the same, similar or better products, I would say; don't dumb yourself down. Be brave, learn, read, and more over, revel in the experience of educating yourself, building, testing and enjoying your music. Make mistakes, change your mind, try something new. Build, test, adjust, then do it again, .... but enjoy the music!

BTW sorry to drag up and old thread ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.